[Jaipur] Option : open information

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
GiBc

[Jaipur] Option : open information

Post by GiBc »

See this image : http://www.yucata.de/netimages/gameshot ... Jaipur.jpg

On each player UI, i suggest to display all the information known by both players :
- The known cards in each player hand (ie all cards except the starting cards)
- Number of camels in each herd
- VPs from goods tokens
- Number of bonus tokens

Of course, add all these only as a game option.
This would be quite useful for turn-based games, so players don't have to check the game history.
JackM

Re: [Jaipur] Option : open information

Post by JackM »

Agreed! Well, almost.

I really don't like the fact that you can't see the other player's score. I get that you can't know their exact score because you don't know the value of the tokens they picked up, but you should be able to see some information like "48 rupees + 1 three-card token + 1 five-card token". What other score-based game hides the other player's score..? I played two games with a friend last night, and they both ended with "...oh. I guess you won." If you can't see the other player's score, there's no tension ("oh no, I have two turns left to make up 6 points!") and it cuts a leg off of the game's strategy. It feels like you're just both playing and then at the end you find out who did better.

On the other hand, if the designers of Jaipur had wanted you to be able to see the other player's cards, they would have said in the rules that you should play with your cards up. Just use your memory (or a pen and paper) if you want that. Not sure that that needs to be an option.

I agree with the last three points, though.

Return to “Suggestions”