Jump gate flying...in chat window?

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
RobbyD

Jump gate flying...in chat window?

Post by RobbyD »

With quantum being able to reverse a move I do not understand why there is NOT a REALLY FLY? button or somekind of safeguard from click? i reported this a month ago BUT tis time just dropping a chat window it flew me to the planet behind the chat window in a crucial move
Ridiculous for such an easy fix! IT is the ONLYaction that does NOT have a ACTION BUTTON! so what is so hard to have a really fly? blue button to safeguard a faulty move since there is no getting out of it?
fafa-fr

Re: Jump gate flying...in chat window?

Post by fafa-fr »

Hi,
RobbyD wrote:i reported this a month ago
Where did you report it? I didn't see it.
RobbyD wrote:Ridiculous for such an easy fix! IT is the ONLYaction that does NOT have a ACTION BUTTON! so what is so hard to have a really fly? blue button to safeguard a faulty move since there is no getting out of it?
This is not a "fix". It would be easy to do, but this is not the problem. Very very few moves on BGA have a confirm button, and this is a choice, it's not because it's more work. Here's a part of the BGA studio guidelines for developers:
II-6 Confirm a move
As a rule of thumb, dont provide a way to confirm a move. Confirming a move slows down the user interface and thus, the game flow. You can eventually [sic] allow a player to confirm a move if this is a very critical step in a game, and if it is possible that a player triggers the action by accident. Hawaii : ending a turn is a critical action that happens only 5 times per player in a game. In this case, it is acceptable (and a good idea) to have a confirmation dialog.
I don't think that a fly action is more critical than other moves in various BGA games, and I don't understand why the fact that it doesn't have an action button is so important.
RobbyD wrote:BUT tis time just dropping a chat window it flew me to the planet behind the chat window in a crucial move
THIS may be the real problem. I don't understand exactly what happened, but it could have happen with lots of other moves in various games, am I wrong? Did this happen to you (or to other players reading this post, feel free to comment) several times?

(By the way, I saw your bug report about a blocked game, and asked you more details. I thought that you would receive a notification, but since it's been a long time, you might have not received any. If you go back to the bug report, and answer my question, I'll try to investigate this issue.)
RobbyD

Re: Jump gate flying...in chat window?

Post by RobbyD »

Thanks for the reply. I was saying also that their could be a FLY button to where the 2 planets next door are highlighted like the cards. I have talked to MANY players who especially on the phone are trying to max or min their screen on phone and it happens. quantum has a undo question..would it be possible for that to where if you meant to fly you just scan next and the button is ignored? that way ther is not another process just an option to take back that move. As I said every other action you are highlighting cards so if you make a mistake shame on you

Return to “Suggestions”