Poor user experience : jumping tables on smartphone

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
StringsAndVerses

Poor user experience : jumping tables on smartphone

Post by StringsAndVerses »

I would like to report that especially when I am playing on my smartphone, when I try to click on a table or if I scroll all the way to the bottom to the field that says, 'Discuss with everyone', half the time some of those many available tables are coming or going so quickly that when I press on the table I want, the target has moved and I end up pressing a game table I didn't want to go in to. This is especially frustrating when I have been waiting for a 4 player Love Letter table to open up, and my click on that spot sends me to some other game, and by the time I backtrack and enter the Love Letter table, it has filled up.

Proposed solution : maybe there is some other way code wise to prevent the game tables from jumping up and down as tables are created & games are started, but I don't know about coding. What I would like to see is that when I play on BGA in mobile mode, that you wouldn't put on my screen any tables except for the 'My Games: Games you want to play now'. Take off all the many 'Other Games'... These many 'Other Games' tables are what's causing most of the screen jump up and down. I do not need to see these Other games on my smartphone screen. I know that you guys *think* I need to see them, but I really don't, and I would be able to enjoy the games I actually want to play much better if these tables weren't appearing and disappearing and causing me to click on the wrong table spot so often.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: Poor user experience : jumping tables on smartphone

Post by sourisdudesert »

I agree there is an issue.

We are working on a way simpler lobby (kind of "automatic lobby") that will make the lobby way more usable on smartphone.
StringsAndVerses

Post by StringsAndVerses »

Also, besides the tables moving around as you try to select them, when you are hosting a table, and you try to 'Suggest to Join' someone, it's even worse. Those names are coming and going so fast, it's pretty likely to miss the person's name and click someone else.

Solution: Instead of names disappearing, have them 'gray out' or go blank but remain in place until we refresh the browser.

And instead of new player's names appearing in the middle of the list, moving other names as they appear, have all new names appear at the bottom of the list. No need to sort the new names in any particular order.
diamant

Post by diamant »

There is no need to refresh permanently the lists. You can add, remove, or sort the items of the lists only each 2-10 seconds. During this period, items are still refreshed, but they don't move and keep their rank ; so you can click peacefully on them, unless you see a "complete" icon.
Call me Ishmael

Post by Call me Ishmael »

I don't think dude was understood.

He was pointing out that almost every time a player logs in or leaves the lobby to start playing a game, the list shifts up or down.

In busy times, the list shifts every second or so.

We try to click on one player's name, but because the list shifts, we end up clicking on someone else.

You could solve this by not having the player's name vanish when they start a game, but rather 'grey out' their name and have it remain in place to keep the list stable.
Last edited by Call me Ishmael on 03 March 2017, 23:49, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Ishmael

Post by Call me Ishmael »

sourisdudesert wrote:I agree there is an issue.

We are working on a way simpler lobby (kind of "automatic lobby") that will make the lobby way more usable on smartphone.
Well, since the problem is known, could you not in the meantime remove from mobile mode the tables we don't want to play, instead of leaving us stuck with the problem until who-knows-when?

Return to “Suggestions”