Show next table only when there is another table ready to play

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Liallan

Re: Show next table only when there is another table ready to play

Post by Liallan »

hache3 wrote:
Liallan wrote:
hache3 wrote:
Why would you go around in circles? What I'm proposing is that "next table" doesn't appear if there is no other table where you're expected to play.

If you want to go back to the main page you can always click on the cloud at the top left.

Yes, and then I still have to go to Play Now, and then I have to go to my games in progress. You don't see that that is what is going in circles?
Ok, you're right on that one, but why would you want to go the game in progress page when you've no turn? (serious question, I don't get why you want to look at a list of games you cannot play on)
You can't imagine that anyone could have any possible reason to want to see something on the games they are currently playing, even if they don't have a turn up? If that's the case, we may as well just take that page and all its information away. I've seen people request to have more information on that page. (Like that little hour glass for whoever is on turn - that didn't use to be there. I have to assume other people are looking at this page.)

Well, just earlier this evening when I had no turns up, I took the opportunity to go to a game that was going to be over in another round, to go to each player's page and go ahead and make notes on them. (I make a note on everyone even if it just says "was on their turns fine.") Yes, I can do that when the game is done, but I was bored.
I might just want to look at a player for some reason, which you cannot get to from the game itself.
I might want to know who is on turn in another game.
Or I might want to see what moves some people have made.
I might want to remind myself what games I'm playing before I go looking for new ones.
I might want to go in and write on the chat.
I might want to quickly get to my own profile, which I can't get to from a game page. In fact, being able to move around to other areas is one of the better reasons I can think of. Otherwise you're going around in circles clicking on the cloud to get back to the start.
I might want to remind myself who I am playing with.

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Granted, all of this could be solved if, when I open a game, I'd hold down the Ctrl button to get a different window up, but I don't always remember to do that, and I'm not even sure that works on certain devices.

Or, maybe I just have a hangup about having my current games page in view instead of being on some particular game. If you can be annoyed by going back to that page, I can be just as annoyed by not going back to it, and without any good reason. Everyone is different about these things. Just like I hate getting email notifications (which unfortunately I cannot stop), and I could care less about getting popups to tell me I have a game turn up though other people are dying for them.

Return to “Suggestions”