Show next table only when there is another table ready to play

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
hache3

Show next table only when there is another table ready to play

Post by hache3 »

Hi!

On turn based games, the "Go to next table" should only be visible when there is another table ready, instead of being always on and directing to the in progress games as it does now.

It happens sometimes that a turn based game ends being an almost real time one, so waiting on the actual table is better than going to the list and then when the notification comes back to the same table.

Thanks!
H
Liallan

Re: Show next table only when there is another table ready to play

Post by Liallan »

On the other hand, I like that it returns me to my list of games. Keeps me from going around in circles to get back to it, or always having to hit Ctrl when I click on links to open a new tab.
hache3

Post by hache3 »

Liallan wrote:On the other hand, I like that it returns me to my list of games. Keeps me from going around in circles to get back to it, or always having to hit Ctrl when I click on links to open a new tab.
Why would you go around in circles? What I'm proposing is that "next table" doesn't appear if there is no other table where you're expected to play.

If you want to go back to the main page you can always click on the cloud at the top left.
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

hache3 wrote: What I'm proposing is that "next table" doesn't appear if there is no other table where you're expected to play.
what happens someone else takes a turn on one of your other games while you are playing your turn in your 'last' game ? having the next table button doesn't hurt you, but not having it means you might miss that it is your turn on another table since the banner on top only appears outside of a gameplay window.
hache3 wrote:If you want to go back to the main page you can always click on the cloud at the top left.
that's the main page, not the 'in progress' page.

i see no reason to change the current 'next table' functionality.
Nanaki404

Post by Nanaki404 »

Maybe change the text of the button to "back to my games in progress" or something similar.
The functionnality is useful, so no need to remove it, but the current text might lead to misunderstandings.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

hache3 wrote:
Liallan wrote:On the other hand, I like that it returns me to my list of games. Keeps me from going around in circles to get back to it, or always having to hit Ctrl when I click on links to open a new tab.
Why would you go around in circles? What I'm proposing is that "next table" doesn't appear if there is no other table where you're expected to play.

If you want to go back to the main page you can always click on the cloud at the top left.

Yes, and then I still have to go to Play Now, and then I have to go to my games in progress. You don't see that that is what is going in circles?
hache3

Post by hache3 »

senatorhung wrote:
hache3 wrote: What I'm proposing is that "next table" doesn't appear if there is no other table where you're expected to play.
what happens someone else takes a turn on one of your other games while you are playing your turn in your 'last' game ? having the next table button doesn't hurt you, but not having it means you might miss that it is your turn on another table since the banner on top only appears outside of a gameplay window.
When somebody takes a turn in other table the condition "there is no other table where you're expected" stops being true, and the button appears.
hache3 wrote:If you want to go back to the main page you can always click on the cloud at the top left.
that's the main page, not the 'in progress' page.

i see no reason to change the current 'next table' functionality.
It's true. If the current next table functionality is useful for you, maybe the button could say different things depending if there is a next table to go or no.
hache3

Post by hache3 »

Liallan wrote:
hache3 wrote:

Yes, and then I still have to go to Play Now, and then I have to go to my games in progress. You don't see that that is what is going in circles?
Ok, you're right on that one, but why would you want to go the game in progress page when you've no turn? (serious question, I don't get why you want to look at a list of games you cannot play on)

And the actual functionality goes in circles. I click on "go to next table", get the "game in progress" page and a few seconds later, "you're expected at 1 table" and go back to the same table i was playing on. That's really going in circles too. If the "go to next table" button would show if there is another table to go to, or it will go back to the list of unplayable games, you could go back to that list and I could avoid it and keep on the playing table.
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

if you want to stay at the table you are on ... just DON'T CLICK the next table button. yeesh.

if you see that your opponent is online (green button beside name) you can just open that game table in another tab and keep it open. then the first tab can stay on Games In Progress for you to see any 'Expected' banners for other tables.
StratThinker

Post by StratThinker »

senatorhung wrote:if you want to stay at the table you are on ... just DON'T CLICK the next table button. yeesh.
I want to stay on the current table only if there are no other tables to play, which is it why it would be nice if there was some indication (like the button not displaying).
senatorhung wrote: if you see that your opponent is online (green button beside name) you can just open that game table in another tab and keep it open. then the first tab can stay on Games In Progress for you to see any 'Expected' banners for other tables.
Although this would mostly work, especially seen as the icon for the "Game in progress" tab changes when there is another game in progress; having two "Race for the galaxy" tabs open gives strange results (at least in Opera).

Return to “Suggestions”