Improving the user experience: (no presentation yet) pre-populated

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Call me Ishmael

Improving the user experience: (no presentation yet) pre-populated

Post by Call me Ishmael »

When you create a table, there is a field labelled (no presentation yet). This can impoved in two ways:

(1) The words (no presentation yet) remain there when you click 'modify'. It is a nuisance to have to clear out these words prior to typing your own words, especially on smartphone; therefore please have this field blanked out when we click 'modify'.

(2) It would be much better if the BGA website remembered what presentation words we typed in the previous time, by use of cookies or other wise, so that when we create a new table the presentation words will be in that field same as last time.

Thank you.
Liallan

Re: Improving the user experience: (no presentation yet) pre-populated

Post by Liallan »

There's an even better idea here. What does "no presentation yet" even mean? The only reason I figured out what that was for is because after the invitation stuff was moved around a few months ago, putting my own comments on it was the only thing I couldn't find, so I figured that had to be it.

Why not call it "comments" since that's what it is. Maybe this is a translation thing? But "presentation" is not the right word, and I don't think that makes sense to new people.

(The thing that can be done there is having the words highlighted when you click on "modify." Then when you type they automatically get replaced. Like how a lot of other fill-in boxes work. I don't know how that works, or whether it's easier to make something disappear instead.)

Return to “Suggestions”