Race to prestige

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
titi91

Race to prestige

Post by titi91 »

It is difficult to stay in the first three whatever games you play. 50,000 points for the first one is good; But ephemeral, if you are dethroned the points are lost. One could attribute for example five points per day for the record of duration to the first place, so this player will remain in the history of BGA. And why not three points per day for the longest duration in second place and 1 point for the third. Three new trophies to be created. Of course this will interest few players but they are what make dreams show.
A simple idea.
senatorhung

Re: Race to prestige

Post by senatorhung »

a duration trophy for being in the very top spots wouldn't make much sense.

however, you could have duration trophies for top20 or for ELO status categories .. that might work better.

durations would automatically go to zero if someone doesn't play a game for 2 months, so that those playing ELO off only to restore their places on ELO or prestige would lose out on duration.
titi91

Post by titi91 »

Hello,
I liked this idea of invincibility, a bit like Mikhail Tal at chess and those 86 unbeaten games or Garry Kasparov and that dominated for more than ten years. Hence this idea of gaining prestige in the long term at the same place in the ranking
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

titi91 wrote:It is difficult to stay in the first three whatever games you play. 50,000 points for the first one is good; But ephemeral, if you are dethroned the points are lost. One could attribute for example five points per day for the record of duration to the first place, so this player will remain in the history of BGA. And why not three points per day for the longest duration in second place and 1 point for the third. Three new trophies to be created. Of course this will interest few players but they are what make dreams show.
A simple idea.
The is another thread where people are complaining about those who tend to stay at the top, when they aren't even playing, because it seems to be all about trophies. It was further speculated that this problem is because we make it about trophies. It would seem to me that offering yet more trophies is just going to add further problem.

In the end, I don't expect to find myself in the top spots of much of anything, and even if I did, I don't care about trophies, so there's nothing personal in this. I'm just speculating on possible problems even more trophies could cause.
titi91

Post by titi91 »

I fully understand your point of view, it was just an idea, which probably must be forgotten. Especially that it could interest very little player. Thank you for answering
titi91

Post by titi91 »

Hello,
To conclude on the subject, it seems to me that one of the administrators of the site makes fun of me. He blocked me a prestige of 20th best players while I'm ironed 27th. It's very funny, I like this humor. Definitely we have a lot of fun on BGA. Thank you for those moments spent in very pleasant company.

Return to “Suggestions”