Ways to raise money for BGA

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Liallan

Re: Ways to raise money for BGA

Post by Liallan »

nerdcanoe wrote:How about automatic membership renewals? I just came on today and saw the countdown before playing and realized my premium membership must have run out, give me some notice so I can cancel, but otherwise, keep charging me!
But make sure that one's an option.
superfluff

Re: Ways to raise money for BGA

Post by superfluff »

Shaq Jenkins wrote:
Morgalad wrote:
Liallan wrote: At its core, that is not a bad idea at all, but I don't know how well that would work in reality. Someone would have to have time to do this, and there would be issues shipping overseas and all that. But, there are people who like t-shirts.
This is actually not a bad idea, on a online games clan I used to play we uploaded the clan logo to http://www.spreadshirt.com and all the commissions for the sales go for the clan to maintain the website and the teamspeak server (the comission is around 50% of the sale price!!!, so for a 20$ hoodie you'd get 10$) . They do T-shirts, mugs, pencil holders, baseball-stye caps, even phone cases... etc

BGA could upload the logo and they would get the commission for all merchandising.
I think this is a great idea. It's a wonderful marketing and publicity technique as well. I would definitely buy a t-shirt or coffee mug.

I didn't like most of the suggestions in the other thread because they felt punitive. Selling merchandise doesn't feel that way, though.
BGA is a great place to be and I'm a subscriber, I would buy a T-shirt and I see that there is some mech to buy but sorry to say but the BGA logo is pretty lame (looks a bit like a logo for a daycare center......just saying) I can't see myself donning that anywhere in public and I´m not buying a T-shirt just to support the cause. Maybe have a competition to get a more attractive logo? I've got some ideas.

Return to “Suggestions”