Paddles

Re: Why is chat disabled for low rep players

Post by Paddles »

makross wrote:How about some predetermined chat selection. Like:

'gg'.
'hi'.
'well played'.
'bye'
'Sorry, I cannot chat I have such low reputation atm'.

This is a good suggestion and it is used in Wizard101 for children under age 9 to get them used to replying to other players without bad phrasing from adults :)
There already is - when playing, click on the smiling meeple in the chat box and it will show you a list of phrases and a set of other meeples. If you click on one of the defined messages, it will display that message - and even better, each other player sees it as if I typed it in their own preferred language.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Paddles wrote:
makross wrote:How about some predetermined chat selection. Like:

'gg'.
'hi'.
'well played'.
'bye'
'Sorry, I cannot chat I have such low reputation atm'.

This is a good suggestion and it is used in Wizard101 for children under age 9 to get them used to replying to other players without bad phrasing from adults :)
There already is - when playing, click on the smiling meeple in the chat box and it will show you a list of phrases and a set of other meeples. If you click on one of the defined messages, it will display that message - and even better, each other player sees it as if I typed it in their own preferred language.
And you can do this if the chat is disabled for low rep players??
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

RicardoRix wrote:And you can do this if the chat is disabled for low rep players??
I don't know if low rep players could use that at the moment - but if it isn't, making it available (without being able to free-text anything else) might be worthwhile - provided that their chat restrictions were for abusive language rather than spamming in the chat box :shock: .

I was just making the point that the feature that member was referring to, having some pre-defined chat texts, is already implemented.
ckwatt

Post by ckwatt »

Paddles wrote:provided that their chat restrictions were for abusive language rather than spamming in the chat box.
An additional limit of one message per minute or so could fix that.

Return to “Suggestions”