Premium account/money hostaging

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Floopyboo

Premium account/money hostaging

Post by Floopyboo »

Hi guys, just thought I'd give a bit of feedback. I've been using BGA for ages and in doing so absolutely fell in love with Takenoko.. So I decided I wanted to buy the physical game, and I remembered you guys get a kickback if I buy through you. So I decide I'll bring it up with hubby when he gets home from work and fire up a game of cant stop with my bestie from the us and go to start my game... only to have to wait while a nagware banner begging I pay for premium keeps me from my game. I thought it was just me, but, nope, my bestie got the nagware countdown too.

So I bought the game elsewhere, and resolved to never pay for a premium account at BGA. I don't take bullying tactics very kindly. And I buy a LOT of boardgames....
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: Premium account/money hostaging

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hello,

You don't need to play a game to buy a game though BGA. Just go to Takenoko game page and click on "Buy this game".
Espina

Post by Espina »

@sourisdudesert: I think she means that she is so angry about the waitscreen asking her to be a premium member that she is going to retaliate by not supporting the site in any way (such as buying games off here)

@Floopyboo: This issue has been discussed to death on various other threads. The bottom line is that a site like this needs money to operate. If you don't want to support them, that is your prerogative. But it would would be more constructive to suggest alternative fund-raising methods than to say "Remove the waitscreen or I won't support you" (which, incidentally, also seems like a form of hostaging.)
Time vdv

Post by Time vdv »

I don't think the developers will lose much sleep over a player playing for free, that gets annoyed by the ads that pay for the website.

Return to “Suggestions”