Conceding in hanabi

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
qwertasdfg

Conceding in hanabi

Post by qwertasdfg »

Hey,

I really don't think the current way to handle conceding in hanabi is a good one.

I just had the unfortunate experience that someone wanted to lose the game immediately after one small mistake from his part.
He conceded. I lost with him. Without having any say in that decision.
That's seriously a system that's not fair at all and i suggest that way of handling conceding to be changed.
yoyote

Re: Conceding in hanabi

Post by yoyote »

qwertasdfg wrote:Hey,

I really don't think the current way to handle conceding in hanabi is a good one.

I just had the unfortunate experience that someone wanted to lose the game immediately after one small mistake from his part.
He conceded. I lost with him. Without having any say in that decision.
That's seriously a system that's not fair at all and i suggest that way of handling conceding to be changed.
+1
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I don't play this on here, but if what she describes is true, I agree that's not right. A co-op is a co-op in all ways.
SunnyDelight

Post by SunnyDelight »

the player can still do 2 random discard in his next turns, it is the same
tomlan

Post by tomlan »

I agree that you losing because someone else wants to concede is an irritating system, but I would suggest that it is this way so that people don't constantly match with a second account and have the other one concede so that their ranking and stats go up. (AKA 'Pushing').
Although there could be ways to prevent this were the systems changed.
qwertasdfg

Post by qwertasdfg »

tomlan wrote:I agree that you losing because someone else wants to concede is an irritating system, but I would suggest that it is this way so that people don't constantly match with a second account and have the other one concede so that their ranking and stats go up. (AKA 'Pushing').
Although there could be ways to prevent this were the systems changed.

There are countless players who constantly cheat in hanabi by just everyone agreeing to abandon a game they wouldn't ace. And if that for once doesn't work then the second account would just quit the game in process.

I really don't see how handling conceding differently makes cheating any easier or any more likely.
Guess you have to explain again
weingwoman

Post by weingwoman »

There is no trohpies for high rank in Hanabi and players who abandon games to get a high rank simply lower their trophies-per-game ratio.

Return to “Suggestions”