layout design

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
nogeenpotje

layout design

Post by nogeenpotje »

nice idea to make a boardgamesite, hope I find good games
but I am new and I think a simple layout would work better and maybe attract more ppl.
I am trying to make and stop a game I made, it took me some time.

I hope the layout will become more easy and maybe less links :)
now back to the games
Liallan

Re: layout design

Post by Liallan »

Welcome. :D

My guess is that it's not likely to become "more simple" in terms of layout. There's a lot here and it can be difficult to make "a lot" simple. Better to introduce yourself to things slowly.

For instance, rather than making games, take an invite that is already there. Make sure Simple Mode is on if this helps to simplify things for you.

Important: If you start a game, be prepared to finish it!! When you said "stopping" a game, I hope you meant before it ever started. That's OK and you can "quit" an invite you made and nothing will happen. But once the game starts, you need to finish. (I see you already have a group-abandoned game. While sometimes everyone has a good reason to do this, you don't want to get in this habit.)

Take some time to look around, one menu at a time. Go to the bottom and enter Help and look through that. Everything you want won't be there but it's a place to start. Once you've looked around, feel free to ask questions about what you don't understand. (Though people appreciate if you do a search for it first since someone may have just asked the same thing.)

You'll eventually get it figured out. You've already completed a couple of games
nogeenpotje

Re: layout design

Post by nogeenpotje »

it was at mutual agreement we stopped the game.
thx for the answer @liallan.

Return to “Suggestions”