I propose a new button,for the chat box : OFF silence all chatter for the game in question!

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Mystery Guest

I propose a new button,for the chat box : OFF silence all chatter for the game in question!

Post by Mystery Guest »

A short while ago I was playing a game with two players I didn't know and I have played MANY GAMES and one fellow became more and more BELIGERANT and abusive! Now I rarely respond and usually do not complain BUT this guy was progressively obnoxious! I was not having a great day aND I began to reply to his infantile chatter peaceably until he goaded me into an improper response! And I was censored!!??? I hope he was !!! My point is ,if I could have turned OFF THE CHAT BOX , problem solved , I would have been happy as clam, especially if I could just bar his conversations Please help! This is rare but I am tired of being provoked by obnoxious players. Thanks
N_Faker

Re: I propose a new button,for the chat box : OFF silence all chatter for the game in question!

Post by N_Faker »

What you are requesting should already have been added.
If a spectator chats, you can click on the "blue x" next to their name to red thumb/mute them.
Liallan

Re: I propose a new button,for the chat box : OFF silence all chatter for the game in question!

Post by Liallan »

I don't see that he's specifically talking about a spectator.

Although it's not that hard to ignore the chat. It pops up by default, but only for a few seconds and not always enough time to read the newest stuff without re-opening it.
veme

Post by veme »

The "they started it!" argument?

I recommend you learn to just ignore jackasses, it will certainly make your time on the internet more enjoyable. If they use offensive speech (and you care), report them. Otherwise - close, scroll, or ignore.

We used to have this saying when I was a kid, something about sticks and stones...

Return to “Suggestions”