Which are Premium games?

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
NGCondo

Which are Premium games?

Post by NGCondo »

As far as I can see there is no indication in the listings of which are Premium games (ones you pay monthly fee to play). Its a bit of a bummer when you take the time to learn a game but then can't play the thing!
That's not to say I won't consider paying the fee - just think this should be stated clearly, that's all. :evil:
Een

Re: Which are Premium games?

Post by Een »

Hi,
Well it is :)
You can find the list on https://boardgamearena.com/#!premium under "Play Premium games. "
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

NGCondo is right, you know. It's not "clearly" stated because you have to be looking at the premium page to see it. If you are trying to look at and learn a game, it's not going to occur to you to look at that page, especially someone who doesn't even know that page exists. I had no idea that list existed and I'm the type of person who looks around and tries to find things - I actually read, even the FAQs, and still didn't know that list existed. It's obvious it's there when you already know it's there.

"Clearly" stated means it should be on the game page. If someone is wanting to look at and learn a new game, they will look at the game page, and it's normal to expect the game page to say if it is premium.

When I wanted to know, I started an invite to every game I know, knowing I'd get a message if it was premium, and marked my own list. But that's kind of finding out the hard way... especially for someone fairly new who might not even know about it.
Een

Post by Een »

Yes, that occured to me as well. Something more to do, then... :D

(even if actually, it's not so hard to find, it's kind of logical that the list of premium games is stated on the subscription page, and it has always been there)
NGCondo

Post by NGCondo »

Ok, I maybe should have seen the text list on https://boardgamearena.com/#!premium of all premium games but I think that on the main Games page when you click on the info about a game it should then state it is a Premium Game. Simple - job done. :P
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Een wrote:Yes, that occured to me as well. Something more to do, then... :D
Sorry, wasn't trying to give you more work. :P
Een

Post by Een »

The premium icon has been added on the premium games in the games list, with an explanatory tooltip clarifying if it's the game or the expansions which are premium. This should make it "clearly stated" :)
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Een wrote:The premium icon has been added on the premium games in the games list, with an explanatory tooltip clarifying if it's the game or the expansions which are premium. This should make it "clearly stated" :)
Very nice, thanks. :-)

Return to “Suggestions”