Adding Co-op games

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Theblacknight456

Adding Co-op games

Post by Theblacknight456 »

i know there is suggestion area for games at the top of the forum but im not sure if this fits because its more of a genre than a single specific game

what do you guys think about adding co-op style games. where you work with the other players for a goal such as marvel legends where you team up and try to fight off marvel villains (there is still a competitive aspect to the game based on who gets the most kills or completes the most objectives) or games like flash point fire rescue which is completely team based as each person uses a unique unit ability to attempt to stop a house fire.
Liallan

Re: Adding Co-op games

Post by Liallan »

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!gamepanel?game=hanabi

They already have one. If there's specific ones you have in mind, I would go back to the other thread.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Personally, I love Co-op games but I hate memory-focused games more, so I'm not happy with the state of co-op on this site. :D I would LOVE to see some co-op games that I can play with a poor memory, but we get what the devs and publishers agree on. Our suggestions don't weigh very heavily in this department, by necessity.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

CB Droege wrote: Our suggestions don't weigh very heavily in this department, by necessity.
Yeah, it kind of is by necessity. Someone has to want to develop it, which is time consuming, and they have to deal with publishers and we don't. I go through the list on BGG occasionally and thumb stuff, knowing it's more just to satisfy me rather than being much influence. You never know - someone may have several things they are interested in and those thumbs may influence their final decision. We're lucky people are willing to do this, so in the end we'll get what we get and it's more than we would have had. ;)
qwertasdfg

Post by qwertasdfg »

They do have more than one co-op game, even if you disregard saboteur and secret moon because they have two (or three) teams that fight for the win.

There's still this one:
https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!gamepanel?game=injawara
I tried it once, have no clue at all what you are supposed to do, but it sure exists. And yeah, it doesn't get too many plays (or rather: close to none at all), so it's no wonder only few co-op games are put online on this site

Return to “Suggestions”