Pre-screening of user names

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
cogitoergosum87

Pre-screening of user names

Post by cogitoergosum87 »

Lately I've encountered many inappropriate usernames in the BGA community, some of which are also downright offensive and even some that could be classified as hate speech.

I would suggest that to ensure everyone's wellbeing and feeling of welcoming at BGA, there would be a pre-screening of usernames.

This would have to be done partly manually, of course, but you could consider at least some automated restrictions as a first measure in order to ban the already created accounts with inappropriate usernames - for example there are loads of usernames that have the word "shit" and "fuck" in them (e.g. username "doyouwanttoeatmyshit" ) some are sexually suggestive in nature (e.g. "blackdong") and there are numerous accounts with racial slurs (e.g. such as "nigger" or "nigga").

The players should also be made aware of the possible sanctions (banning of their accounts and losing of their accomplishments) when creating their account and choosing their username.

In any case, I wish everyone an enjoyable time at BGA. Hopefully the moderators will have time to improve the BGA experience via username pre-screening.
Lotus Blossom

Re: Pre-screening of user names

Post by Lotus Blossom »

Completely agree. I am shocked at some of these names.

Return to “Suggestions”