More time for Russian Rairoad

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Guglielmo

More time for Russian Rairoad

Post by Guglielmo »

It's little time to play in a turn-based game
44 hours if you work where there is no internet you can not respect.
In Innovation they are 5 days, and even 11 days for Origin
Liallan

Re: More time for Russian Rairoad

Post by Liallan »

One of us is confused. Are you referring to tournaments? Because I think those are set by whoever sets up the tournament.

If you're referring to normal games, for turn-based that is not determined by the game, but by how the admin for the table set it up. For one-turn-per-day games, you get 5 days to start as "extra" time and 24 hours for a turn. (Hence, one turn per day.) For a one-turn-per-two-days, you get 12 days to start as extra time, and 48 hours for a turn. That's the slowest it goes. There are faster speeds that obviously are not going to work for you. This information is available when you choose to take the game, and it's your choice.

If you can't get on the internet often enough to take a turn even once every two days, then yes it's going to be a problem. There is an unlimited setting. (Though it's not really unlimited - it's just very long.) People don't put invitations for those out very often as it's not recommended unless you know who you're playing with. You can always try putting your own invitation out with that setting and see if you get players.

To be honest, if you have that little access to the internet, a site like this might not be the best place to try to play. I'm not trying to chase you away, but that's just the reality of it. The games here are timed like that, which doesn't work well for someone who can't be here very often. If you do a turn-per-two-days game, you'll have a few extra days in total for the whole game that allow you to be a little late here and there, but otherwise no. My first suggestion would be to pay attention to the setting when you take the game because it sounds like you're not, and make sure you always get the slower settings and see how that works out. If that does not work, I'd suggest Yucata as a place that might be more geared towards your style.

(Sorry, not trying to drag anyone away from here, but different sites suit different people. There's room for plenty of sites. ;) )
Guglielmo

Re: More time for Russian Rairoad

Post by Guglielmo »

Sorry
you're right
I'm playing a round-the-clock game and they had 44 hours for the time
I'm not in it but it's my fault
I just joined but I like it a lot
Thanks for everything
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Suggestions”