Option to disable hover Info

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
munever211

Option to disable hover Info

Post by munever211 »

Hi

When playing Puerto Rico on devices with touch screens, the Mouse Hover info nearly always comes up when selecting plantations, and when assigning / deassigning colonists on buildings on my island. The problem is that it doesn't clear, but instead obscures other parts of the screen (e.g the other buildings on the island and/or the roles. I find that I have to tap again elsewhere on the screen to clear the hover info, as it doesn't disappear on its own. This tap often brings up an error at the top (e.g. it is not your turn).

However my suggestion is that, if the Hover info could be disabled for this game as an option , then this would make playing this game on touch screen devices much easier. My problem occurs on both my android tablet and windows PC, and in different browsers.

I'm surprised no one else seems to have reported this. Perhaps someone can let me know if there is something simple I am missing. Otherwise, can this suggestion be incorporated somehow ?
Last edited by munever211 on 29 January 2018, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
Shaq Jenkins

Re: Option to disable hover Info in BGA Interface

Post by Shaq Jenkins »

I agree. It is impossible to play Seasons or Puerto Rico on my phone/tablet because of the hovering. Perhaps there is a way to disable it, but I don’t know how to.
Een

Re: Option to disable hover Info

Post by Een »

Hi, thanks for that suggestion. Indeed tooltips are mainly useful when learning a game, and less practical on touch devices. We added a game preference for disabling them (accessible while playing through the gear icon in the header or the 'options' tab in the footer).
yoyote

Re: Option to disable hover Info

Post by yoyote »

Een wrote:Hi, thanks for that suggestion. Indeed tooltips are mainly useful when learning a game, and less practical on touch devices. We added a game preference for disabling them (accessible while playing through the gear icon in the header or the 'options' tab in the footer).
Great, thanks!

Return to “Suggestions”