Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
justelalala

Please make DIXIT !!

Post by justelalala »

IT WOULD BE AMAZING!!
souly4

Re: Please make DIXIT !!

Post by souly4 »

This is one of the few games I have at home and I can comprehend your wish. But I think an implementation is really difficult and elaborate because of all those cards. Furthermore the language barrier could keep off many people who are not so knowledgable in english from playing it.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

There aren't that many technical issues with implementing Dixit. "All those cards" is just a larger data file -- Hearts has 52 cards, Haggis at least 50, Race for the Galaxy several dozen, Koi-Koi several, every Carcassone tile is unique, and so on, and so forth. It's just another graphics file, of which only 11 cards ever need to be shown at once (the player's 6, plus the 5 shown from the other players).
As far as language, the site already has an ability to restrict by language. There is nothing that requires the game to be played in English.

The main issues are the same as with developing any other game on BGA: getting a license from the publisher, and getting a volunteer to write the code.

Additionally, there is already a stickied thread to discuss addition of new games; there is no need to create new threads for specific games.
7decoeur

Post by 7decoeur »

There is a website that did Dixit online - if you google, you may stumble across it. The name is in French but I feel it wouldn't be right to post it here on a competitors website. I also can't guarantee they still offer it, it's been many years since I went there and their games are not carried out in real time if I remember correctly.
souly4

Post by souly4 »

Hi Jest Phulin,

well, it seems you are more versed with technical issues than me. Nevertheless, I still partially insist on my points. I'm aware lots of other games here consist of many cards, but for Dixit, when you want to have the whole package (for the purpose that it doesnt become boring quickly), afaik it has 7 or 8 editions with over 80 cards each, so I do think it's quite an effort. Of course 2 or 3 editions would do it too perhaps. Regarding the language, I didn't exclude that there is an option to adjust it, but I imagine it would take pretty long to find players of the same language willing to join a (non-english) round. Or do you mean it's feasible to install an in-game-translation? That would be artful indeed.

Return to “Suggestions”