Video/voice chat options and button layout

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
cogitoergosum87

Video/voice chat options and button layout

Post by cogitoergosum87 »

Hi,

I was wondering whether the chat UI might be altered in one or both of the following ways:

1. Directly: Take the voice/videochat buttons further away from the text field and make it ask confirmation from the user first instead of just setting the chat session up immediately after a button is pressed. I often manage to hit those buttons accidentally when opening/writing on the chat, and then have to embarrassingly explain that I did not mean to set up voice/video chat, possibly even making other players uncomfortable by accidentally doing that. The buttons are right under the text field and the chat area is small as it is: so it is easy to hit the wrong thing.

2. Indirectly: There could be an option in the settings (at least I could not find one at present) that disables you from setting up those chats or at least to indeed toggle an option of always asking the user confirmation before it goes directly to the chat for all to see. Personally, I rarely want to use this functionality, so it would be great if it could be disabled/made to ask permission before any actions visible to other players take place.

I do believe that both suggestions would be good to have and I would think rather easily implemented.
K484

Re: Video/voice chat options and button layout

Post by K484 »

I absolutely agree with the issues raised above.

Return to “Suggestions”