Citizenship

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Daggerheart

Citizenship

Post by Daggerheart »

It's not an important issue. However I feel that if a person should list his citizenship/s in his profile. The country the person currently lives in are not so important as the citizenships. This is a competitive site (named "arena") and when I look at the rating lists I want to see HOW many from my country that is ahead of me. I talked to one of the guys that is ahead of me and he is from another country, but just works in my country.

Of course both could be added to the profile of the player. But the flag that shows up infront of the player should be his/her main citizenship.
Luis_91

Re: Citizenship

Post by Luis_91 »

i would disagree to this.

For me its more important to see where my opponent is living to know about his time zone and to know when i can expect him to make moves and when he is probably sleeping/working
Daggerheart

Post by Daggerheart »

WildeZockerei_Luis wrote:i would disagree to this.

For me its more important to see where my opponent is living to know about his time zone and to know when i can expect him to make moves and when he is probably sleeping/working
Yes, I agree on that the country the person currently lives in should be listed in profile. However the flag should be his nationality. Well it matters for me at least.

Guess you have to agree when you see a country flag you believe that person got citizenship in that country...
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Your flag is set by IP on account creation. You can change it in 'preferences' after.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Daggerheart wrote:It's not an important issue. However I feel that if a person should list his citizenship/s in his profile.
The word "should" does not belong in that sentence, but I'll let it go if you're not a native English speaker. Why "should" I list that? That's for people to decide for themselves. I don't see what citizenship has to do with anything. It's not like this is an official competition. (And not everyone here is competitive.)
Last edited by Liallan on 09 April 2018, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
Daggerheart

Post by Daggerheart »

Liallan wrote:
Daggerheart wrote:It's not an important issue. However I feel that if a person should list his citizenship/s in his profile.

The word "should" does not belong in that sentence, but I'll let it go if you're not a native English speaker. Why "should" I list that? That's for people to decide for themselves. I don't see what citizenship has to do with anything. It's not like this is an official competition. (And not everyone here is competitive.)
I am sorry for using words you don't like. Again, BGA has a rating list. The country flags are shown in the rating lists. The site is called arena, and many of us play "competitevly", tournaments and such. In competitions usually the country flag is related to your citizenship, yes? and why not here?
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Daggerheart wrote:
Liallan wrote:
I am sorry for using words you don't like. Again, BGA has a rating list. The country flags are shown in the rating lists. The site is called arena, and many of us play "competitevly", tournaments and such. In competitions usually the country flag is related to your citizenship, yes? and why not here?
It's not about my personal dislike of the word itself. But the word means something is necessary or an obligation or the right thing to do. This is your personal opinion, not a correctness. When I say that word "does not belong," I'm just making a point, and it's because people do tend to use that word as a correctness, as though everyone else should believe the same thing. (Though I usually don't have to explain it - again, that may be a language thing.)

And it stills sounds as though, because some people play competitively, that this "should" happen. You're asking why not, and I'm just saying why change it? Some of us don't think it's relevant, and due to the number of people who are really into time zones, I would guess more people are interested in actual location. And in the end, some people may not want to reveal that, which is their business. (But that applies to their location, including time zone, their gender, or anything else someone doesn't think is your business.)

Return to “Suggestions”