I want to pay for an account

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Bobby3Stix

I want to pay for an account

Post by Bobby3Stix »

But I won't, because it is way too easy to lose reputation here at BGA.
Someone reports for for an insult?
Question mark because even show the "insult" created...
Once you have less than 60% (which as a new player all it takes is one disconnection to get), you cant report anything.
Seriously I love this site in some ways, but the way to administrate "insults" and disconnections has turned me off from ever contributing money to this site.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: I want to pay for an account

Post by sourisdudesert »

hi,

When you quit your first game you don't lose any Karma. When you quit a game you have a -10 karma. It means that even you are disconnect and is expelled on 10% of your game (which is A LOT), you may have a 90+ reputation. We cannot make the system more tolerant, and by the way almost all regular players here has a good reputation.

Note: I know that most other websites do not care much about player's reputation and do not have a system like this. However, if you play there, you will notice that players are not finishing their games VERY often. On BGA we have a finishing rate of 98% and we will do anything to keep it.

About insult: moderators ALWAYS check the chat log before punishing a player. In your case for example, it gives this :

"4/5/2018 11:57:24 Bobby3Stix elitist ass holes"

Based on this, you've been moderated, and you would have been moderated even as a Premium member because THIS is an insult.
_Kex_

Re: I want to pay for an account

Post by _Kex_ »

Bobby3Stix wrote:But I won't
But I will!
actually i have been thinking about it for a while now. and this post just pushed me over the edge :)
this site is really great. it promotes board games and fair play, encourages people to play, the guys are doing their best to keep the site running and I'm gonna do my part and support them the only way I have right now.

and you know what? 2€ per month is (hopefully) really just pocket change for most of us

keep on going strong guys!!!

Return to “Suggestions”