Turns and Time Zones

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Lady Delirium

Re: Turns and Time Zones

Post by Lady Delirium »

I would prefer the night option to a time-zone based option. I don't really want to be messing around with time-zones. And the problem with following the sun is that a lot of games have advantages/disadvantages that are based on turn order. So if a particular group of people always want to play together, their turn order is always going to be the same just because of the sun. This seems a little unfair to me.

Also, many games have turn orders based on when a particular player passes, like Terra Mystica. Following the sun would only work for the first round of that game.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Captain Thornberry wrote:I would prefer the night option to a time-zone based option. I don't really want to be messing around with time-zones. And the problem with following the sun is that a lot of games have advantages/disadvantages that are based on turn order. So if a particular group of people always want to play together, their turn order is always going to be the same just because of the sun. This seems a little unfair to me.
Finally, someone besides me posted this! Not to mention what someone else did - not all of us have similar sorts of schedules and these ideas always presume that our playing time is somehow 100% linked with our time zone. Like Jest, I work some strange hours. But, this also does not account for differences of when we can play... during work, lunch hour, evening, weekends vs weekdays, etc. I don't even work a Monday-Friday schedule, nor the same schedule... but, I can be on here during work if nothing is going on. There are some core hours I'm not likely to be on here, but outside of that, who knows.

But... I don't understand what the night option means, so can't have any opinion about it.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Liallan wrote:But... I don't understand what the night option means, so can't have any opinion about it.
This is an internet forum in the instant age, Liallan. You don't need understanding (or even information) to have a strong opinion about something... :D :lol: :D
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Jest Phulin wrote:
Liallan wrote:But... I don't understand what the night option means, so can't have any opinion about it.
This is an internet forum in the instant age, Liallan. You don't need understanding (or even information) to have a strong opinion about something... :D :lol: :D
I know you're joking around, but it's kind of funny (the ironic kind) that people think I have strong opinions about everything, and that I'll argue over anything. Except in reality, I don't form opinions when I don't feel like I understand something. And yet I've seen people argue to death over something they know absolutely nothing about, cause, I don't know, their friend said so?

So see there, folks, something I have no opinion about... yet. If it's true the clock will stop, I don't think I like that idea. But I'm not sure anyone else understands this night mode either.

Return to “Suggestions”