Turns and Time Zones

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
pottereuel

Turns and Time Zones

Post by pottereuel »

I would like to see an "option" that allows turn order be a randomized in east-to-west order following time-zones. Random pick first player then move west for the next player in turn. Randomize duplicate time zones. I think this option could help extradite slow play.
nmego

Re: Turns and Time Zones

Post by nmego »

Creative suggestion, worth a try +1
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

nmego wrote:Creative suggestion, worth a try +1
+1
Johnny Nonsense

Post by Johnny Nonsense »

Yes! Or even have everyone provide their preferred range of play-time in their profile, and go by that. I suppose if you want to play odd hours you could adjust your location accordingly.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Johnny Nonsense wrote:Yes! Or even have everyone provide their preferred range of play-time in their profile, and go by that. I suppose if you want to play odd hours you could adjust your location accordingly.
Yes, if this is implemented, a method of allowing for non-standard sleep schedules should be implemented also. I tend to work from 6pm to 1am local time, which means I game at 3am -- totally not what the standard person does. Adjusting location won't be that helpful, because tournament start times are presented in local time.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi,

What we intend to do is introducing a "Night time" option. "Night" means a 12 hours period of time each day, where the clock countdown stops decreasing.

Example:

4 moves / day + night time 22:00 => 10:00

=> it means that you have 3 hours per move, but the clock is not decreasing between 22:00 and 10:00.

This should allow you to play "fast turn-based" mode (ex: 10 moves / day), with players in the same timezone (or at least that have similar availabilities).
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

+1, but the clock has to remain active if players are connected during "Night time" !
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

I don't know what you mean by "active". Clock will be visible on night time, but won't decrease. Players will of course be allowed to play during the night time.
pottereuel

Post by pottereuel »

That won't work. You'll just incentivize slow play. The clock should always run. I think my initial idea is simple and elegant. Just follow the sun.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

When is "Night time"?

If it is fixed to the same time (server time) for both players, then it disadvantages the players with the greatest deviation from that time zone.

If it depends on the players time zone, or if it is possible to set the timeframe manually, then "night time" may not overlap at all between the players.

This doesn't really seem to work.

Return to “Suggestions”