Turn-Based: add 'results' as an extra (last) turn.

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
beetjuh

Turn-Based: add 'results' as an extra (last) turn.

Post by beetjuh »

Hello BGA-moderators and players

Sorry for bad English, but I have a suggestion for a good improvement.
Everytime when I play a game Turn-Based game, I miss an important thing. When the game ende, I don't see the results of the game.

For example: I play Tokaido and all the bonus points will be given after the last turn of the last player. Then the game is ended. So it is removed from my list of games. But didnt see how many bonus points all players recieved and who did win the game.

So my suggestion is to add an additional 'turn', after the game is ended. In this 'turn' every player can see the game results and last game shot (like in a real-time game), before the game is removed from the list of games that you're playing in.

I hope you understand the usefulness of this improvement and add it in the turn-based games.

Please reply when when there are questions, additions or clearifications.

Beetjuh

[
N_Faker

Re: Turn-Based: add 'results' as an extra (last) turn.

Post by N_Faker »

Go here: Link

Your most recently completed games should have a notification, click on it.
Then on the table page, there should be two buttons just below the table number and status (Game has ended)

[See final game situation] [Replay the last turn] (available up to 24 hours after game end)

Click on either of these buttons, according to what you want to see.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Would be handy if that icon didn't permanently say 9+
beetjuh

Post by beetjuh »

Thank you N_Faker, now I know where to find it easy.

Ricardo_Rix, mine was also saying +9, but after scrolling through my notifications (with the 'read more' button), all the pink ones turned into white, so they where marked as read.

Still, I want to keep my point: a game is not ended when you played your last turn, but after recieving all the bonus points and showing the results.

I think all of us would find it strange when a Real-time game ends after our last turn, before scoring (even though when the results are to found in the notifications). Why? Because the game is not over before the scoring. In my opinion, that is not different in a Turn-Based game: the game should not end before showing the scoring and the results.

I hope you understand my point and if it is not too difficult you will work on it.

Thank you very much!
Beetjuh
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

beetjuh wrote: I think all of us would find it strange when a Real-time game ends after our last turn, before scoring (even though when the results are to found in the notifications). Why? Because the game is not over before the scoring. In my opinion, that is not different in a Turn-Based game: the game should not end before showing the scoring and the results.

I hope you understand my point and if it is not too difficult you will work on it.
I don't think anyone misunderstands your meaning or why this is important. I suspect a lot of us want this. (Maybe not all of us, since some people seem to only care if they won or not.) We want to see how exactly the game ended, and not just final scoring, but the other players' last turns. It has been requested numerous times to see the last of it, or to be able to jump to the last steps in the game replay. (I'm usually surprised that someone thinks they are the first to want/request something like this.)

Now, that [replay the last turn] thing N_Faker mentioned is not something I've seen. I have to wonder if that is new, due to all the requests. I'll have to wait until another game ends and look.

Final scoring is done automatically by the game, and it is not done any differently in turn-based. The only thing different about turn-based is that you aren't there when it ends unless you're last on turn. If you do the replay, you will see the written ending of the game, i.e. scroll down and you'll see the last things that happened. But to get the visual, you have to then pick a player and use the playback, which is step by step. The easiest way to deal with that is while you have the written list, scroll down to where you'd like to see it, and get the turn number, and then in the visual playback, enter that number and hit Go. Then have something else you can do while it plays through. :lol:
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I just had two games end, and sure enough that [play last move] option is there. That must be fairly new.

The trick, though, is to look fast, because it goes really fast just like the playback if you let it run on its own. It's difficult to see anything that fast and is therefore not that useful. I would probably still go to the playback and enter the turn number I want.
Een

Post by Een »

Liallan wrote:I just had two games end, and sure enough that [play last move] option is there. That must be fairly new.
Yes. This has been added at the end of last week. This [play last move feature] has been available for a long time in the end of game email, but your point made in another thread that not everybody uses email was valid, so we added it on the game page for finished turn based games (while they are not yet archived to make space on the gameserver, after that, only the replay function using the archive is available).
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Een wrote:
Liallan wrote:I just had two games end, and sure enough that [play last move] option is there. That must be fairly new.
Yes. This has been added at the end of last week. This [play last move feature] has been available for a long time in the end of game email, but your point made in another thread that not everybody uses email was valid, so we added it on the game page for finished turn based games (while they are not yet archived to make space on the gameserver, after that, only the replay function using the archive is available).
Ah, I don't remember making that point, but that does sound like me. :mrgreen:

That might also explain why I sometimes don't find finished games in the playback archive - I didn't know there was a delay.

Return to “Suggestions”