A way to save favourite games bypassing the archive limit

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
nmego

A way to save favourite games bypassing the archive limit

Post by nmego »

I was thinking of an idea where we choose games to be archived in the server so that they don't get deleted.

But this feature could cause the server to overload if people overused it. etc...

So, how about allowing us to download the games in the format that "game replay system" accepts, then we can upload them to the game replay system to be replayed?. that would byass the storage limit issue.
Liallan

Re: A way to save favourite games bypassing the archive limit

Post by Liallan »

Maybe I just don't play enough games, but I just pulled up a game from 2014, and it still exists and it still replays.

So I'm not sure what you're referring to. If I can still go back that far, and not playing a lot of games has anything to do with it, that would have to mean there's space limits per person and I haven't hit mine. But I don't recall hearing about any "archive limit." I just know all my games still seem to be there. (Except when there's a glitch.)
nmego

Post by nmego »

I've tried to download a couple of games I've played this year. and I got the message that it has been deleted.
nmego

Post by nmego »

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... 682#p43682

This is what I'm talking about ^ I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

This tutorial was made very recently, in the last 3 months or so. Also, I've noticed that some old replays work and some new replays fail to work.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

That post is just one example and doesn't tell us anything.

Occasionally I run across an archive that has an issue as well, but most of the ones I've looked at have worked for me. (When the game is newly ended they might not be archived yet.) That still doesn't give any type of information. If there's an issue going on, you need to be more specific.

If this is related to some bug, then you either report it in the bugs, or better, look for another bug report on it so you can thumb it. Are you aware there is an archive limit (I'm not), or are you just assuming there must be one? Your post was originally about an archive limit. I wrote a tutorial a long time ago and I can still pull it up. I was pulling up my own games from 2014. I just pulled up and started a play-back of one of your early games. If you can't pull them up due to some limit, why can I?
nmego

Post by nmego »

Hmm. I'm sure I've read somewhere that there is an archive limit. Can't find the source though. So, I can't prove anything.

Thought it also blatantly says: "Game archive not found"

Also, in the example I linked, the tutorial was working fine. then at some point it stopped working. that would make sense with an archive limit.

We might need confirmation if there's an archive limit or not. But anyway, this suggestion should maybe work if the main problem (with not being able to replay some games) is the existence of an archive limit.
-----------------

Edit: A month ago, I was trying to replay a couple of rollFTG games. I opened some of them and they didn't work. Now I was trying to get some examples for this thread and the same games that didn't work a month ago, worked now. looks like I was wrong, and this is just a bug.
Een

Post by Een »

I confirm that there is no archive limit.

We now have a lot of archives (more than 1To), and this is not without causing some difficulties. Some archives got corrupted and were consequently unavailable. We have been working on this and found a way to repair most of them, so they became available again.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Well, that's cool. Cause as I was saying, sometimes there is a problem, and it seemed like it was maybe getting a bit worse. Though I sort of shrugged that off when you said (elsewhere) that the turn-based don't archive for 24 hours - like maybe I was trying to get in a little too fast. ;) Always nice when something works out.

Return to “Suggestions”