7 Wonders: mark a card that you already have

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Wentu

7 Wonders: mark a card that you already have

Post by Wentu »

Hello! first of all, the implementation of 7 Wonders is truly masterful. thank you for implementing it!
I have a suggestion: when among the cards that I receive there is one that I already own, could you please mark it not with the symbol "you can afford it", "you have to pay something" or "you can't afford it" .. but with a fourt symbol: "You can't take it ", maybe using the symbol "you cannot enter this road" (sorry i dont know the name of the street sign)

Thankx!

Wentu
N_Faker

Re: 7 Wonders: mark a card that you already have

Post by N_Faker »

This? Image
Wentu

Post by Wentu »

exactly!
Corwin007

Post by Corwin007 »

I'd love to see that implemented as well. It's a bit of a waste to let you go through all the reasoning of whether you want to build it or not, only to the realize you already have it.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi

We implemented a lot of automatic helps on 7W already, way much that we used to do on BGA. The thing is we do not want to transform this game into something which is "100% automatic", so we won't add more helpers.

Hope you understand.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

sourisdudesert wrote:We implemented a lot of automatic helps on 7W already, way much that we used to do on BGA. The thing is we do not want to transform this game into something which is "100% automatic", so we won't add more helpers.
Assuming it still enforces the rules (i.e. after the card is selected and it's too late, it can't be played), then I totally agree. If it really does have things like "you can't afford this," I don't even think that ought to be there. It should be the responsibility of the player to pay attention to what they are doing.
StratThinker

Post by StratThinker »

sourisdudesert wrote:Hi

We implemented a lot of automatic helps on 7W already, way much that we used to do on BGA. The thing is we do not want to transform this game into something which is "100% automatic", so we won't add more helpers.

Hope you understand.
In a real game, you can quickly visually compare your cards to what you want to take; but here you must hover over several cards individually.
cogitoergosum87

Post by cogitoergosum87 »

StratThinker wrote:
sourisdudesert wrote:Hi

Hope you understand.
In a real game, you can quickly visually compare your cards to what you want to take; but here you must hover over several cards individually.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. It's truly frustrating to hover over things and still, as you cannot see all your - or other players' - cards in their entirety at once, it makes playing the game much more difficult than in real life - despite the currently implemented helpers that I could more readily live without if only I could see all the cards. Could you consider adding an alternate view (like in Innovation, for example) instead, where all the cards of all players in their entirety are visible? I'd be content with the alternate view and the tree that show's the chaining and the total amount of each card in play. At the moment the "helpers" make it harder to deduce what the best move is. Helpers I would not necessarily need and transforming the game more towards the actual board game would make the it more interesting and in the long run help improve the players' reasoning.

Best,
cogito

Return to “Suggestions”