Randomize names at game table

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
salcideon

Randomize names at game table

Post by salcideon »

Hi, I was wondering if you can add a feature where names are hidden / randomized when the game starts. I usually play with my friends which know I am good at games and start playing against me from the start of the game instead of focusing on what happens in the game. A feature that hides our names and just makes us player 1, 2, 3 while at the game table would lead to fair games.
This can also be applied in general - even if you don't know each other, if a very high ranked player joins the table you see him as the enemy and there is sort of an alliance happening ad-hoc against him.
Shaq Jenkins

Re: Randomize names at game table

Post by Shaq Jenkins »

I really like this idea. I've noticed that some players care more about targeting the highest ranked player at the table than trying to win the game for themselves. This happens frequently in co-op games. I had a player in a Celestia table admit that he ejected me from the airboat because I had a high ELO, even though I wasn't even winning the game (and I'm not even good at Celestia and my ELO wasn't that far above the other players).

I would make this an option in case there are people who aren't okay with randomization.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Or being able to change our nickname on the table.
nmego

Post by nmego »

+1

Return to “Suggestions”