New options for tournaments

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
hertelwulf

New options for tournaments

Post by hertelwulf »

Hello, I feel like I most suggest to options for tournaments (which I dont think exist yet, but which I think are really really necessary).

Number 1: it would be nice to have the round robin mode, but not with all games being played at once but round by round. Why do we need this? Round robin is a much fairer mode than swiss system but it is only fun with a certain number of players (at least 8). However it is quite difficult to play 7 or more games at the same time. It can be very confusing.
Would that be possible? It doesnt sound that difficult to program this - but what do I know.

Number 2: I find it very weird that in swiss system tournaments the first tie breaker for players with the same score is the number of wins and not the points/strength of your opponents. So if i manage to score two draws against very strong players I should never be behind a player who wins against a very low rated player and loses against an average player. But exactly this is the case in swiss system tournaments at the moment. Can we change that please? It doesnt lead to fair results.

Thanks for reading, the hertelwulf

Return to “Suggestions”