Red thumb option for specific game

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
e1q3z9c7

Red thumb option for specific game

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

I got red thumbs mainly from hanabi, others like Saboteur, secret moon etc competitive games, players receive red thumb very easy since people blame their teammate for losing. But with other competitive games, players wish to beat all others thus play with a dumb teammate before is just fine. So I think maybe an additional option for red thumb like: "Only for this game, I don't mind to play other games with this player" is a good idea. It should make red thumb system more healthy.
Last edited by e1q3z9c7 on 23 August 2018, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
N_Faker

Re: Red thumb option for specific game

Post by N_Faker »

You should be able to achieve most of this with a note, though additional options are always better.
But, this should probably be something separate from the red thumbs if something like this is added.

Red thumbs are for people you do not want to interact with.
e1q3z9c7

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

If you write a note, you may avoid to play with someone manually, but system won't filtrate for you. it's not convenient since you have to quit/boot many times if u don't want to play with many players. And if it's a large table like 8, maybe you have to give it up with only 1 player you don't like, it's not really economical.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

As it works now, I can't tell someone that I was not the one to kick them out of the game
because they gave me a red thumb.
dtrx

Post by dtrx »

I also want this option. "I don't like to play this game with this player" would be great, especially if it does not require 5 "green thumb".
I often play hanabi, and "red thumb" it's really useful filtration of nonthinking players. But I don't mind to play with them in other games, such as Colt Express, TM, Puerto Rico and etc.
The main reason is that rating in Hanabi is easy to get at high value, and filter like "master" don't get information about how really player good in this game (since it is cooperative game).
In competitive games, the rating directly reflect the skill level of the player. So filter for rating works fine.

Notes is bad option, since you need to check it manually, and if the person who create a game is not you, you can't kick a bad player. You can only to ask or quit yourself.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Since you all are so darn picky about only playing Hanabi with people who play "your way," perhaps you could make a list of players you like and personally invite them. If nothing else, it would be a work-around.
e1q3z9c7

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

I don't mind to play hanabi with anyone, but when I play other games, still wish those player who gave me red thumb join me.

Return to “Suggestions”