Roll for the Galaxy: Automatic assignment of dice

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Quax

Roll for the Galaxy: Automatic assignment of dice

Post by Quax »

Hey everyone, if I just let for convenience automatic assign the dice to an action, the assignment is not optimal:

E.g. I have a green good on green wold, a brown good on brown world and a white good on a yellow world and the following can deliver with purlple, green and white.
I click on the green world and the system chooses the purple dice to trade the good, so I have for brown world only the green and the white left over. So, it seems, the rule is: First, take the purple, than the matching, than any die left.
If the automatic order would be: First take the matching die, than the purle and last the left over, in the eample above I would have gotten 2x 3 vp instead of 3 + 2.
In fact, now I hardly try to avoid any automatic assingment, e.g. in the ... alien outpost? (the thing where you get +4 credits when collecting with yellow) any given yellow die is not reserved for that if you e.g. first scout the system (it seems that by default the yellow is taken quiete early), so there are several options where the automatic assignment is just bad.
If the different rules are very complex to programm for every case, maybe it's suitable to prompt the player to assign manually in the case there are different options.

But anyway, the game and the usability makes a lot of fun! Thank you :-)

Return to “Suggestions”