Misleading/incomplete message when no resources available

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Wentu

Misleading/incomplete message when no resources available

Post by Wentu »

Hello
this is not a bug, just a message that I found misleading.
I had 14 coins and I couln't by any cards. The error message I got was "no enough resources or not enough coins", something like there. I knew I didn't have enough resources but I couldn't understan how 14 coins were not enough to by anything. The reason was no neighbour of mine had them either.

I would slightly modify the message to include this case in the explanation

Bye!

W.
Liallan

Re: Misleading/incomplete message when no resources available

Post by Liallan »

Um, what game are you referring to?
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

I think it is 7wonders.
The sentence is "You do not have enough resources (or coins) to pay for this card".
Coins are here after resources.
You first need resources on your board or to buy on neighbours board if they have.
If they don't, you can have all the coins but buildings cannot be build.
my 2p
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

It could be changed to something like "You (or your neighbors) do not have the resources (or coins) to pay for this card." I could even change it through the string.

But, some developers don't like handing out every little bit of information when it's expected that you understand the rules (and therefore understand what that comment means), so I'd hate to do that without getting the ok on it. In fact, there was some thread where someone asked for more explanation on something, I don't remember what, and Sourisdudesert even said as much - that the game already gave away a lot and he didn't want to add more to it.

If you know the rules, you know to look both at what you have and what your neighbors have, and at your coins to see if you can buy from them. I personally don't see that in-game comments should be there to replace learning the rules.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Liallan wrote:In fact, there was some thread where someone asked for more explanation on something, I don't remember what, and Sourisdudesert even said as much - that the game already gave away a lot and he didn't want to add more to it.
It was about adding a symbol for "You already played this card" to the checks and exes on the cards in your hand. (which I think would be fine, since you can't see the names of the cards you've already played without mousing over, but it also doesn't bother me that it's not done).

Return to “Suggestions”