Mobile widget

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
SimonzSays

Mobile widget

Post by SimonzSays »

I recently started playing, and my first thought was 'There needs to be a mobile app for this.' I was very pleased to find that the games I was playing worked very well in a mobile browser, and so there probably isn't need for a full mobile app. However, it would be nice to have a simple app that would allow me to put a widget on one of my home screens so that I can see what games it's my turn in without having to load up the game in a browser, and without having to clog up my inbox with notification emails. Thanks!
Jest Phulin

Re: Mobile widget

Post by Jest Phulin »

Whenever this has been suggested before, the response has been that the administrators would rather spend their time working on new games than mobile functionality, as it is completely browser-based right now.

Or are you volunteering to write the app yourself?
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Actually, a widget that just tells you if you have turns to play, and maybe links you to the website would be neat, and wouldn't require much bandwidth. Someone with a modicum of coding experience and access to the site API could whip that up in an afternoon. I would put it on my mobile desktop.

Even better would be a Windows task-bar widget. Something to sit down in the corner of the screen in my PC, and just pop up when I have a turn to take. That would be nicer than getting an e-mail for them. Or even just use some HTML 5 popups. Sheesh, now that I'm thinking about it, I would really like this.
Een

Post by Een »

Web push notifications are now available :)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13246

Return to “Suggestions”