Tichu

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
souly4

Tichu

Post by souly4 »

Hi,

I hope it's okay i started a new thread for this - I'd like it to draw more attention this way. Tichu is a fairly popular team card game (especially well known in Greece it seems, but not hard to learn for newbies) where players try to empty their hands before the opponents. Belonging mostly to the type of family games, I think it would suit this site excellently and add another component. I am not too familiar with the existing card games on there, but I know Belote has teams too and Haggis has set collection apparently. Tichu combines those and has quite a unique feeling to it imo.

I searched on the forum and not too many results appear, only one main thread:
https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... 16,143,146

Een states this in a post:
We'd be happy to have Tichu too, and a developer actually started working on it, but it didn't get finished and the project is currently inactive.
So are there any news concerning the probability it is implemented on BGA? I think it would enlarge the community even more or encourage specific players to play more regularly.
DrKarotte

Re: Tichu

Post by DrKarotte »

The Tichu project seems to be abandoned, no changes since almost a year.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

You could try Haggis while you wait.
souly4

Post by souly4 »

Hm, thank you both for the posts, although I hoped for something more substantial. Een and souris, maybe you could deliver us more reliable information?

My reasoning was this: Even if only 10% of the overall users here like partner games (and it's more quite certainly), having more of these would be worth it as long as they make up less than 10% of total games available on the site. The other 90% would be distributed on a large stock. As mentioned, for me the special feeling of Tichu mainly comes from working together with your partner, and the only other team game here I've heard of is Belote. I watched some replays of Haggis in the past and it didnt elate me much.
Een

Post by Een »

souly4 wrote:Hm, thank you both for the posts, although I hoped for something more substantial. Een and souris, maybe you could deliver us more reliable information?
Well, DrKarotte is a developer with access to the project list on the studio and his information is accurate. Which means that nothing is much changed since my previous post that you have been quoting. No developer has contacted us to ask for a review, and the project seems inactive.
souly4 wrote:the only other team game here I've heard of is Belote. I watched some replays of Haggis in the past and it didnt elate me much.
There is also French Tarot.
And a developer is working on another one that could become available in some weeks.

Return to “Suggestions”