7 Wonders: 2 suggestions

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
fvultier

7 Wonders: 2 suggestions

Post by fvultier »

I propose the following changes to 7 Wonders:
- If I cannot build a card because I have not the ressources to build it and not the money to buy them, this is marked by a red cross. However if I cannot build a card because I already have a card of the same name it is still marked green. What about using another icon in this case?
- The list of possibilities how to pay the neighbors for a card can be quite long and often there are multiple options how to pay that result in the same payments. It would be sufficient to decide how much money gets passed to the left and to the right city. For what ressources this money gets spent is not relevant.
leo99

Re: 7 Wonders: 2 suggestions

Post by leo99 »

Two great ideas ! I agree !
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi,

You can report a suggestion through the bug system : https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bugs?game=1131
Then users can vote for it to prioritize its implementation

Vincent
fvultier

Post by fvultier »

Done. Please vote for it.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

fvultier wrote:I propose the following changes to 7 Wonders:
- If I cannot build a card because I have not the ressources to build it and not the money to buy them, this is marked by a red cross. However if I cannot build a card because I already have a card of the same name it is still marked green. What about using another icon in this case?
It was stated a while back that you still need to know how to play the game and pay attention to what's going on, just like playing a real game at a real table. There has to be some expectation of people paying attention to what they're doing in their games.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Liallan wrote:
[snip]... just like playing a real game at a real table.
The difference being, though, at a physical table the way the cards are laid out it is easy to see the names of the cards in addition to the effects. In the BGA implementation, it only shows the effects. So, I may know that I have one military easily, but it is only by hovering over the card that I know if it is a Stockade, Barracks, or Guard Tower. Is that 3-point blue building a Pawnshop, Baths, or the Temple?

While I tend not to like the dumbing down of games, this is an extension of something already in place. Cards that one cannot play because of insufficient resources are already marked. Either cards that cannot be played for other reasons should be marked as well, or the marking for insufficient resources should be removed.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Jest Phulin wrote:
Liallan wrote:
[snip]... just like playing a real game at a real table.
The difference being, though, at a physical table the way the cards are laid out it is easy to see the names of the cards in addition to the effects. In the BGA implementation, it only shows the effects. So, I may know that I have one military easily, but it is only by hovering over the card that I know if it is a Stockade, Barracks, or Guard Tower. Is that 3-point blue building a Pawnshop, Baths, or the Temple?

While I tend not to like the dumbing down of games, this is an extension of something already in place. Cards that one cannot play because of insufficient resources are already marked. Either cards that cannot be played for other reasons should be marked as well, or the marking for insufficient resources should be removed.
Agreed, but this was also pointed out last time I think, and the devs stuck to their guns. *shrug*
fvultier

Post by fvultier »

These changes do not make the game more "dumb". Automatic calculation of the price and availability of resources is equally dumb. Another icon for duplicates could even halp players to realize that duplicates are a part of the game that they need to pay attention to. In particular when going for a science strategy.

Filling a large area of the screen with a large list of possibilities how to buy ressources from the neighbors that are often equivalent is useless.
JCase16

Post by JCase16 »

Honestly, I wish you had the option to turn off the helper pieces. Don't show score calculation. Don't show what you can or cannot pay for and if you pick something you can't pay for then you get to turn it in for 3 coins like you end up doing in a live game. Or, let all the calculations happen and make it as easy as possible to play the game. In this instance it would be really nice to have these extra features/helpers.

One aspect of 7 wonders that is ruined/made better (depending on who you are) is that it is calculating almost every for you live as you play. That really changes the game for me as I can more easily decide what is more beneficial for me.
ludique

Post by ludique »

fvultier wrote:The list of possibilities how to pay the neighbors for a card can be quite long and often there are multiple options how to pay that result in the same payments.
Vote for this bug https://fr.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=11068

Displaying the red cross if you already have the card is a good idea, did you create a bug for it ?

JCase16, why not a professional mode with no help, like Alchemists with or without automatic deduction

Return to “Suggestions”