Notification if user is actively at your turn based game

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
JCase16

Notification if user is actively at your turn based game

Post by JCase16 »

Could we get some kind of notification if a player is actively at the table for a turn-based game? I can see if someone is online, but I would love to be able to see if they have the game open. Is that possible? I would find that very useful. I feel like if you can show spectators after the game is done and during live games then you should be able to add a similar function for turn-based games. I would love to know if they have the game open and if we might be able to play the game live for a bit.
Lotus Blossom

Re: Notification if user is actively at your turn based game

Post by Lotus Blossom »

I think if you click on the cloud icon at the top left of the screen when you're actually in the game, it takes you to the game details and you can see there who is round the table.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Also, the color of their status icon is an indicator. If it's grey, they are offline. If it's green, they are at this table right now. If it's cyan, they are online, but not at this table.

I'm not sure how accurate it is, or how often it updates, though.
JCase16

Post by JCase16 »

I understand I can see both of what you guys are speaking of but neither is what I'm hoping for. I'd really like to know if I should jump to my next turn based game or hang around because the other player is there and ready to play actively.
Lotus Blossom

Post by Lotus Blossom »

CB Droege wrote:Also, the color of their status icon is an indicator. If it's grey, they are offline. If it's green, they are at this table right now. If it's cyan, they are online, but not at this table.

Green just means they are online, not necessarily at your table, as far as I'm aware.
Lotus Blossom

Post by Lotus Blossom »

JCase16 wrote:I understand I can see both of what you guys are speaking of but neither is what I'm hoping for. I'd really like to know if I should jump to my next turn based game or hang around because the other player is there and ready to play actively.
If they're around your table, then they're there. Ready to play? I guess nobody knows, not even BGA.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, very possible.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Lotus Blossom wrote:
CB Droege wrote:Also, the color of their status icon is an indicator. If it's grey, they are offline. If it's green, they are at this table right now. If it's cyan, they are online, but not at this table.

Green just means they are online, not necessarily at your table, as far as I'm aware.
No. Green means that they have that actual table that you are also looking at loaded up in their browser. If they were online, but not at the table, it would be cyan.
Een

Post by Een »

CB Droege wrote:
Lotus Blossom wrote:

No. Green means that they have that actual table that you are also looking at loaded up in their browser. If they were online, but not at the table, it would be cyan.
We have something in the FAQ on this :D
https://boardgamearena.com/#!faq?anchor ... oredcircle
eoc

Post by eoc »

Een wrote: We have something in the FAQ on this :D
https://boardgamearena.com/#!faq?anchor ... oredcircle
By the way, the new icon for "active player with suspended clock" for fast turn-based play is not listed there yet ;-)
JCase16

Post by JCase16 »

Thanks. However, it still isn't what I was mentioning before. I should probably take that as it's not something you are looking into. If nothing else, it would be nice to always see who is "at the table" whether players or spectators.

Return to “Suggestions”