Puerto Rico Current Role

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
StvenC

Puerto Rico Current Role

Post by StvenC »

It would expedite Puerto Rico play for me, especially in the Turn-Based games, if I could see at a glance which player has selected the current role.

In the situation as it now exists, to get this information I scroll down in the game history, sometimes as many as half a dozen clicks. Looking to see which roles have already been selected and counting up from the Governor is imprecise because someone may have chosen one of the Prospectors.

Thanks for your consideration.
CB Droege

Re: Puerto Rico Current Role

Post by CB Droege »

It's a good idea. In the rules the players take the little cards to put in front of them to mark their roles, then everyone can see at a glance who picked what and who is left to pick still. The BGA version would benefit from some similar visual cluing.

If you stick this suggestion in the tracker, I'll vote for it. ;)
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

out of interest, why does it matter who choose what?

I can understand who is left to pick, but can't this be easily interpreted from the 1st player marker?
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

It might help you understand what players' plans are, which can help you formulate your own plans.

LIKE: If you see that the person who picked Mayor is the same as a person who has unemployed people, then you know that they are trying to hasten the end of the game, which can impact the way you play your next turn.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Agreed.

And it can be really difficult to scroll down the game log finding information, especially when so many things happen automatically.

Return to “Suggestions”