Dice Forge 2 Player Game

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
TheGriggy

Dice Forge 2 Player Game

Post by TheGriggy »

Hi there,

I've played over 800 games of Dice Forge, most of which were 2 player games. My opinion is from someone who has played in multiple tournaments, and I believe I am highly knowledgeable about the game. I would like to make a recommendation that a new option be added to set up to two player games of Dice Forge to remove the 6 gold die face at start. In other words, for the 4 gold die faces, the only options be amongst the remaining three.

I sincerely believe this die face is not balanced for two players. I admit that I don't have hard statistical proof for this, aside from the number of games of 2 player I've played. Of these games, when the 6 gold die face is in the game, and the first player takes it, I can count on my hand how many times that player loses.

I would ask that at least an option to disable this die face in two player games be implemented.
Jest Phulin

Re: Dice Forge 2 Player Game

Post by Jest Phulin »

Fair disclosure, I have not played this game to know how much of an impact this will have.

However, historically BGA does not make changes to the game unless they are an official variant. Official variants can be from the game designer or publisher. However, if there is no official variant, the rules stay. (Look at all the discussion on the Stone Age starvation strategy -- no matter how much people don't like it, it is the official rule.)

Now, realize too that since a record of each game is kept, if something unbalancing is found designers might change the rule for BGA. The "Citizen Arrest" variant in Noir: Killer vs Inspector was created because BGA data showed an unbalance.
LennyBern100Plus

Post by LennyBern100Plus »

Can BGA make such a suggestion to Libelud?
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi,

The 6 gold face is remove randomly so you should not have it at each game.
About the unbalance, we will need one of the admin to look at it and make a full analysis.
Knowing Libellud they would like this analysis, but I am not sure that they will be keen on changing the game setup (officially). I will talk to Souris about it, who knows what he will think :)

Vincent
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hello

Thanks for your feedback on this.

We can report this to Libellud of course. However, we would need to have more opinions on this. If this move is as obvious as it looks, it shouldn't be hard to find more players that got the same experience.
Yorgad

Post by Yorgad »

Got the same feeling as OP. I think the value shoul've be 5 at most, or be forbidden during the first round(s).
An early lucky roll is enough to rush dice improvement at the beginning and give a head start to player #1 while player #2 would have nothing to counterbalance it...

Any statistics lovers here to confirm/invalidate?

Cheers,
Y.

Return to “Suggestions”