Best ever rank

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
RobertBr

Best ever rank

Post by RobertBr »

This is something I have suggested before but I think would be a very simple and valuable addition - a best ever rank for each game in your stats calculated by taking what percentage of players you are better than at any moment and recorded by the rank you achieved.

For example, say at Go I was ranked 100th and 1000 players were ranked at the time (0.1) but I subsequently lost position and the player pool sank, say I was 150th out of 600 (0.25) - then my stats would say

ranked 150th (best 100th).

By keeping a permanent record of a player's best achievement you not only add a nice element to the stats but you also tackle some of the issues with people clogging up the top end of the leader boards. If I get the no.1 rank when a game is just developing I don't need to sit on my Elo points playing just one game against a weak opponent every so often to maintain it - I can carry on playing and even if my rank falls I will still have say current rank 62nd (best rank 1st).
Jest Phulin

Re: Best ever rank

Post by Jest Phulin »

If this were to be implemented, there should be a delay from when the game is released until the first ranking is determined. Otherwise, the player who wins the first game played will always show that they had the best rank once.
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

I agree million of percents :) I was top 5 at bubblee pop and this achievement is lost from history. Well, I have screenshot left :D and I use think how nice it would be to have it recorded. Please note - nice to have. Not like goal of life or so, but I would truly appreciate it and it would be more fun to reach higher and higher.

I will use a chance to mention that statistics chart is not correct, it shows signicantly lesser values. I have noticed it for others too. Eg, if one looks in my profile, he/she sees Bubble pop I was a la 410 max while in reality I was up to 475 but the chart slightly exceeds 400.
Daggerheart

Post by Daggerheart »

Well I want my best ever elo score and rank to show in my statistic. Not for others to see, but for myself primarly. This is a competitive site.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

RobertBr wrote:If I get the no.1 rank when a game is just developing I don't need to sit on my Elo points playing just one game against a weak opponent every so often to maintain it - I can carry on playing and even if my rank falls I will still have say current rank 62nd (best rank 1st).
In other words, you want to cheat your real rank? Jest has a terrific point. If you got that top slot when the game is just developing, why on earth should that stay in that statistics? I might easily be able to achieve that if I jump on a new game fast enough and I happen to already know it, but it doesn't mean I deserve to be in that slot or ever show that I was. And if you have to play against someone weak just to maintain your ELO, then do you actually deserve it? If your rank falls, maybe it was supposed to.

I realize that will be an unpopular opinion with some people, but at least I'm being honest about the situation.

(Wanting to have personal records for real achievements is more understandable, but you can track that yourself and no one else really needs to know those things.)

Return to “Suggestions”