Reputation Issues

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Cosmicon

Reputation Issues

Post by Cosmicon »

This may have been discussed before, but I have an issue with the way the reputation works. I can play 1,000 games with no problem, but if I lose my connection on one game, I go back down to 90%. How is 1 in 1000 90%? Not only that, but I have to play 20 more games roughly to get back to 100%. The numbers just do not seem to make sense to me.
Jest Phulin

Re: Reputation Issues

Post by Jest Phulin »

Reputation on this site, as in life, is based on what has happened most recently. Many celebrities have had years of upstanding personal lives, then slap one person when a camera is on them, and for a loooonnng time after that they are known as the person who slaps people. (OK, there are stronger examples than slapping.) Fortunately on this site, reputation can be regained fairly quickly. 20 games after a disconnect, nobody knows about it unless they go digging into your profile.

Also, consider the other side: imagine a person who plays at work, and has played 1000 games without a timeout. Their boss finally realizes what they're doing, and starts checking on them every 15 minutes. They continue to think they can play, though, and keep opening games. They've had 5 timeouts in the last 10 games. You are about to join their table. Do you want to be told their entire history of 0.5% timeouts, or do you want to know that currently there's a 50% chance they won't finish?
Silene

Post by Silene »

I think about karma it's strange that:
if you leave 1 in 21 games you stay between 80-100% all the time
if you leave 1 in 19 games you approach 0% over time.

Small difference, big result...
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Schtitn

Post by Schtitn »

Silene wrote: 22 May 2019, 13:06
if you leave 1 in 21 games you stay between 80-100% all the time
No, it depends on how much you play because if if you do so in a small period, penalty are stronger
Silene

Post by Silene »

Schtitn wrote: 22 May 2019, 14:04 No, it depends on how much you play because if if you do so in a small period, penalty are stronger
Oh ok i thought it's always -20 (except for first which is -10 but I simplified that out of the calculation)
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

Hi,
I think you shouldn't worry about that. The reputation score may indeed not reflect exactly how reliable you are, but 90% or even 80% is still a very good reputation. I don't think many people play only with players that are 96% or higher.

Return to “Suggestions”