Annoying 'Add BGA to home screen' on mobile

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
watercourse

Annoying 'Add BGA to home screen' on mobile

Post by watercourse » 27 August 2019, 06:38

I've already added to home screen, but i have to dismiss this notification every time I play a turn. Very annoying! Please remove!

Otithes

Re: Annoying 'Add BGA to home screen' on mobile

Post by Otithes » 27 August 2019, 07:27

Seconded. I don't have room on my home screen to add individual websites I visit. Now BGA keeps opening this pop-up message. It covers up part of the game screen, so I close it, but it returns every time I go to the next table in my turn-based games. So distracting.

Een

Post by Een » 27 August 2019, 08:54

Hello,
Actually it's the browser (Chrome for Android) that presents this pop up message for compatible websites. This popup is not created by BGA.
I checked it this morning, and after dismissing the "Add to home screen" pop up with the cross button, it didn't show up again, so it seems to work as expected.

EDIT: I made a small change in case some browsers check compatibility again to display the popup each time the event of filling up one of the compatibility conditions is triggered (even if it's not the case in my tests). Please tell me if it makes any difference.

watercourse

Post by watercourse » 27 August 2019, 10:00

No difference unfortunately. I used Brave browser on android btw.

Een

Post by Een » 27 August 2019, 11:19

Then it may be browser specific. I'll test with the Brave browser, but unfortunately since presenting this popup is the browser choice, I can probably not do much about it if the Brave browser behaves weirdly on this.

Otithes

Post by Otithes » 28 August 2019, 00:48

It's still there for me as well. I've tried to disable it in the browser, but haven't found a solution. I use Google Chrome. From what I've read, this issue is website specific, but I don't know enough to be useful, haha. Thank you for looking into it, Een :)

Een

Post by Een » 28 August 2019, 09:28

Otithes wrote:
28 August 2019, 00:48
It's still there for me as well. I've tried to disable it in the browser, but haven't found a solution. I use Google Chrome. From what I've read, this issue is website specific, but I don't know enough to be useful, haha. Thank you for looking into it, Een :)
For me with Google Chrome on Android, it works as exected (popup appears once, and if dismissed, doesn't come again). Maybe try clearing your browser cache and/or all app data from the system/apps menu? And if you have read something on this explaining what the problem might be, I'm interested in the link :)

watercourse

Post by watercourse » 29 August 2019, 05:36

https://community.brave.com/t/pwa-add-t ... reen/66051

Might be of some help.

Hope you get this fixed. It's a recently occurring problem and it degrades site usability.

Return to “Suggestions”