Playing profile averages

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
evereverever

Playing profile averages

Post by evereverever »

Would it be possible to set filters for browsing the playing profile averages?

For example real time only, certain configurations only.

As it is now, it makes no sense whatsoever. In carcassonne, the base game isn‘t as high scoring as say the inns/cathedral expansion, making the average points as it currently is, meaningless. So for someone who only plays in the base version of the game, it would be nice to be able to have meaningful comparisons, and actually get insight into other player‘s game (or one‘s own). Average scores mean nothing if you take every single game ever played in every configuration. And average time also makes no sense if it is skewed by a few turn-based games. I like playing fast, and playing with people who play fast, though a quick glance at someone’s stats won’t reveal anything. My average thinking time is several hours, even though I‘ve only played a handful of turn-based games and normally I play in a couple of minutes. Just a thought, because as it is this section is truly worthless if you ask me.
evereverever

Re: Playing profile averages

Post by evereverever »

Actually I believe the entire statistics page is flawed. For example, I have played Santorini four times and the entire games lasted ~20 minutes total combined and yet my Santorini average thinking time is 108 minutes. It‘s a shame, I think it would be a very interesting section of the website to players who play a lot. I believe it‘s time to fix it, especially since it‘s one of the actual benefits of being a premium member.

https://boardgamearena.com/premium
Complete list of your Premium benefits.

Statistics.

Access game statistics after each game, and study your opponents' statistics, strategies & rank evolutions.
Shivaware

Post by Shivaware »

evereverever wrote: 27 September 2020, 15:20 Actually I believe the entire statistics page is flawed. For example, I have played Santorini four times and the entire games lasted ~20 minutes total combined and yet my Santorini average thinking time is 108 minutes. It‘s a shame, I think it would be a very interesting section of the website to players who play a lot. I believe it‘s time to fix it, especially since it‘s one of the actual benefits of being a premium member.
There is a bug in the average playing time. The listed number is actually in seconds even though it says minutes.
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=15494
evereverever

Post by evereverever »

That makes a lot of sense, thank you Shivaware.

My point about the filters for different expansions still stands though, I think it would be nice to browse a bit more specifically :)

Return to “Suggestions”