Adjusting premium price ?

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Calire

Adjusting premium price ?

Post by Calire »

Reading the comments of people about certain games becoming premium, I was thinking about the price of the premium subscription and it's true that for "western" countries it's really cheap (cheaper than to buy only one of the game available here...) but for some countries it's a lot.
Did the team of BGA already consider to make a price varying in function of where you live ?
Some international organizations are doing so to be more accessible everywhere and fairer...
Countess-Aleksey

Re: Adjusting premium price ?

Post by Countess-Aleksey »

Hello

Your post got me thinking.

Firstly, no doubt this would create a lot of work for BGA.

Secondly, the only information BGA have on a player is their email address. Therefore, will all players be honest regarding the country they are from when paying?

Regards

Countess-Aleksey
Calire

Post by Calire »

I think they also see your IP address... But you could be elsewhere or using a proxy or VPN.
They also have your billing info when you make a payment... You could have to give a postal address (it's already the case if you pay by Paypal for instance).

I'm not sure it's so much work to have different prices maybe not one by country but 3 different prices (or maybe event a fourth more expensive for people who wants to contribute and are rich) for instance 8€ - 16€ - 24€ (a year) or something like that... With categories of countries where you are expected to pay a minimum amount...
Of course it would be a problem if everyone cheated to pay the lesser price but if the system is fairer maybe more people will pay (even if they pay less) and the global amount could be more or the same...
Maybe I'm a little be too naive but it works for organizations so it could work ... Maybe...
Countess-Aleksey

Post by Countess-Aleksey »

I paid by debit card, no address or name was required.

The reason I became a premium member was to financially support this excellent site. I play no premium games. There are lots of non premium games to play.

Furthermore, the price may be cheap for western countries, however, not all players from rich countries are financial well off. I have a friend living in the USA and this player is financial poor.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Setting different prices based on expected ability of the population to afford it is a Bad Idea(tm).
The practice itself gets a lot of negative attention. In the United States, there has been major backlash against pharmaceutical companies selling the same drug to US, Mexico, and Canada for different prices.
The potential for abuse is very large. Proxy servers can make it appear that someone is anywhere in the world.

I mean, I would like to see the concept catch on. Then I could go to Lamborghini and demand a car for cheaper, because I wasn't born into a wealthy family. :roll:
Nanas-Dahchound

Post by Nanas-Dahchound »

I Would like to pay the a year account. But unfortunately i can't find the paypal payment. How can i pay a premium account without a credit card?

Return to “Suggestions”