Can i spectate and teach in BGA?

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
villager

Can i spectate and teach in BGA?

Post by villager »

Hopefully not an FAQ as I couldn't find an answer after searching the forum.

Is there a feature/method in BGA where as a spectator, I can SEE the private hand info of the player.. and their current action prompt.. and explain what the game choices means?

And pair that with the hand pointer feature in the BGA chat?
thoun

Re: Can i spectate and teach in BGA?

Post by thoun »

You can't, it would be too easy to cheat that way !

However if you work from replays, then you can see from a player's point of view ;)
ufm

Post by ufm »

Such a feature does not exist in BGA framework. Try discord video chat or other softwares.
SteveV

Post by SteveV »

Unless all players in the game understand that is happening, that seems like a great way to get reported, as, technically I think it's against site policies...

BUT... as mentioned, via Discord/Zoom/WebEx/Teams/Google Meet/etc., a player could share their screen with you and you could give advise, answer questions, etc. while able to see private hands (for that one player).

I've done this in 2 player games where we're both still learning such that we can make guesses and help each other figure out the confusing parts quickly...
nccc

Post by nccc »

Or u can just log into his /her account?
ufm

Post by ufm »

SteveV wrote: 20 September 2021, 01:01 Unless all players in the game understand that is happening, that seems like a great way to get reported, as, technically I think it's against site policies...
Training mode :)
villager

Post by villager »

are you saying a "training mode" exists, or are agreeing one needs to be made, that will allow for easier teaching on BGA?
villager

Post by villager »

ufm wrote: 19 September 2021, 21:40 Such a feature does not exist in BGA framework. Try discord video chat or other softwares.
yes you could hack it with screen sharing.. but imagine a game publisher that wants to do online demos with least friction.. then having everything on BGA will be a much more compelling solution.

Please vote for this feature https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=48827
ufm

Post by ufm »

villager wrote: 20 September 2021, 06:35 are you saying a "training mode" exists, or are agreeing one needs to be made, that will allow for easier teaching on BGA?
Choose 'training mode' instead of 'normal mode' from table lobby setting.
Training mode removes time limit and prevents ELO change of participants while activated.
So this avoids possibility of ToS violation, and tutor can teach other players without any pressure.
villager wrote: 20 September 2021, 06:47
ufm wrote: 19 September 2021, 21:40 Such a feature does not exist in BGA framework. Try discord video chat or other softwares.
yes you could hack it with screen sharing.. but imagine a game publisher that wants to do online demos with least friction.. then having everything on BGA will be a much more compelling solution.

Please vote for this feature https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=48827
I don't know, use dual monitor or something?

Return to “Suggestions”