How are Skipped players handled?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Mr_Magic

How are Skipped players handled?

Post by Mr_Magic »

I notice that players who quit the game still play cards and select rows, so I assume the game automatically chooses their cards.

How is this handled? Is it purely random which card in their hand gets selected and which row of cards they pick up, or is there a system?
souly4

Re: How are Skipped players handled?

Post by souly4 »

From what I've observed, it's from low to high, so should be an easy practice even for beginners to outscore them the remaining distance ;)

That said though, it should be well known in these cases it makes no difference whether to continue or leave the table. The former choice would feel like time wasting for most, except maybe someone's curious how it would have ended under these artificial circumstances.
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

I understand that, but if it's near the end of the game I like to continue if no-one else has quit.
Giordano Bruno 1974

Post by Giordano Bruno 1974 »

souly4 wrote: 31 July 2019, 15:28 From what I've observed, it's from low to high, so should be an easy practice even for beginners to outscore them the remaining distance ;)
You say that but I have still managed to be beaten by a player that has dropped out. Sometimes you get a really bad hand and there is little you can do with it.
SDSpivey

Post by SDSpivey »

If the skipped player has lower card than all end cards, then the row taken is always row #1.
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Their cards are played fom lowest to highest as described.

I think a better alternative would be if the skipped player's cards were displayed to all, but are no longer played, and the game continues with one less player.

Return to “6 nimmt!”