Anti-Zap

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
diamant

Anti-Zap

Post by diamant »

Bonjour,

Dans les pages francophones de la règle (page 22), je lis à propos de l'Anti-Zap :
Tant que cet Ordre est présent dans sa programmation, le Robot peut ignorer les Zaps adverses (mais peut toujours bénéficier des siens).

En lisant ce texte, je comprends que l'adversaire qui zappe le robot ayant l'Anti-Zap dans sa programmation choisit un des ordres : Avancer 1x, Tourner à Gauche, Tourner à Droite, Charger ou Déposer, puis le propriétaire du robot choisit si l'ordre est exécuté (s'il y trouve un avantage) ou ignoré.

Sauf, que la version anglaise est différente :
As long as this Order is part of the Robot's program, the Robot is not affected by opponent Zaps (but can still benefit from friendly Zaps)
avec la traduction BGA :
Tant que cet ordre est présent dans sa programmation, le robot ignore les Zaps adverses.
Je suppose donc que c'est cette version de l'Anti-Zap qui est implémentée sur BGA. C'est-à-dire que les Zaps adverses sont toujours ignorés pour le robot ayant l'Anti-Zap dans sa programmation.

J'ignore si l'auteur, François Keyaerts, est francophone, cependant je me demande si l'emploi du verbe "pouvoir" dans la règle francophone était délibéré de façon à permettre un choix. Qu'en pensez-vous ?
Liallan

Re: Anti-Zap

Post by Liallan »

I had to translate your post. You must write well because it translated well without all the weird things that make it confusing to read. ;)

I don't interpret this the same way. Basically, I don't take it quite that literally, as to mean "can but don't have to." That feels over-interpreted to me. Plus, the German version of this rule also says to ignore the zap, and there's no "can" in there. The Dutch translated a little more weird but essentially says the same thing. If the French is on pg 22, seems you have the international version of the rules like I do. There isn't a French version of this - just the original German and then an international one, meaning it seems it's just a French translation, as opposed to a French edition that might be different.

So in other words, no I don't think that word was used in the French translation to allow a choice on a international game that has no specific French version. That doesn't make much sense to me. (The games here are also done in English first.)

On the other hand, they did implement a couple of odd rules that I have to disagree with. But still, I take that one as "ignore the zap" and no option about it.

Return to “Twin Tin Bots”