A new version is released!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
tilalilalou

A new version is released!

Post by tilalilalou »

A new version of Through the Ages has been released today with many bug fixes and some improvements!

- "Winston Churchill" discount will no longer work on upgrades;
- you can now replace "Code of Laws" by "Justice System" or "Civil Service" without losing the bonus of 3 blue tokens;
- the unhappy faces of the "Kremlin" are now ignored by "Michelangelo";
- you can now cancel "Christopher Columbus" special action without blocking the game;
- "Border Conflict" event: you are no longer allowed to sacrifice a military unit;
- "Genghis Khan": your tactic is now ignored during bid phase for colonization, preventing you from bidding too much;
- Simple and advanced games will no longer end earlier than expected when the end of civil cards matches first player turn;
- Your actions will no longer be messed up when your leader become obsolete after the end of an age happening during "International Trade Agreement" event;
- The text of "Emigration" event in the log is fixed;
- "Transcontinental Railroad" will no longer work for labs with "Nikolai Tesla";
- Defender no longer wins the wars when opponent have an equal strength: war will have no outcome;
- Your total civil and military action is now updated once after playing any card (for instance, replacing "Warfare" with "Strategy" gives you one more military action, but it will no longer give you back a military action already used);
- You can no longer gain an unused military action after declaring a revolution with "Maximillien Robespierre";
- Image for "Internet" is fixed to display "score 2 culture".

That's it for the bugs! Now, some improvements:

- When "Development of Religion" and "Development of Warfare" event are triggered, players without an unused worker are not activated. If no one has an unused worker, the event is automatically ignored;
- When you have to send a colonization force, you are reminded that you must send at least one unit, and you civilization colonization bonus is clearly displayed;
- You will no longer be offered to take a political action on turn 2.

Have fun playing!
Elfishski

Re: A new version is released!

Post by Elfishski »

Hey, thanks for the nifty fixes and improvements in general!

On the other hand...

The decoration in the border makes it really hard to read the text for how many cards are left, and while it's neat to have a bit more info like the colonization bonus, the new icons in the scoring area make it really hard to read how much of anything there is as everything is too small and too busy unless seriously zooming in on the page.

Sometimes less is more and simple flat colors are much easier to get info from. Would suggest reviewing these UI changes a little more.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

I agree. It looks neat, and the new art is appreciated, but it is busier, and right now I feel like I'm taking longer to get the information I need than it used to. It may just be because I'm not used to the new graphics yet, but it might also be a bit to cluttered, with too many things on top of other things.

I REALLY like the extra information changes though, like adding the extra action dots to wonders, and the X to cards you cannot take. That's super. :D
tarongot

Post by tarongot »

New graphic is really poor and makes playing much harder. I need to to waste much more time to look at factors to see numbers, to know what I'm against. What was ponit of changing graphic anyway, and can it be changed back or at least made posible for people to choose?
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

I wouldn't personally go so far as to say it needs to be changed back to the way it was. That's fogey-think. BUT I think it's important that the numbers not be on top of the cool new graphics.
Cappie

Post by Cappie »

I think it is just a matter of getting used to it. Maybe the text about how many cards are remaining could be placed somewhere else, thats it.
g2x

Post by g2x »

Any chance to have updates? Bugfixes?

Return to “Through the Ages”