Arena - why 4 player?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
minatoflash

Arena - why 4 player?

Post by minatoflash »

Just got my 100 ELO in regular matches and looking forward to some quality 1 vs 1 arena action and hopefully climb the ladder only to find that the game is set to 4 player for arena. Really disappointed with this as the vast majority of games played of Petz on boiteajeux.net are 2 player, i believe that is the format most folk want to play? Also i'm a regular Keyflower arena player which works perfectly set to 2 players and Petz has similar gameplay in that the players decide the value of things, in Petz it's turn order and Keyflower it's mostly bidding for tiles but i love love that 1 on 1 aspect of trying to out think your opponent so please could you change arena mode to 2 players as Petz would be (like Keyflower) perfect for that format.
metro

Re: Arena - why 4 player?

Post by metro »

+1 for that, you can vote on it
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=41305
Grey Lord

Post by Grey Lord »

The fact that a game is most played on an online platform in two players does not mean that it is preferred in two players or that it is the best variant. This game works well in 2 or 3 players, but is best in 4 players.
The Luggage

Post by The Luggage »

There's no right or wrong answer to this one, it's just opinion and personal preference.

Personally, I prefer 4-player too, one reason of which is due to the lack of blocking dummy pieces.
pabula

Post by pabula »

"no" to 2-players Arena.
it's best for 4 players.
I will always vote for this set up as it is now.
as you see most folk want 4-players

Return to “Dungeon Petz”