penalty for ending 5 spaces behind saint louis?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
zowieso

penalty for ending 5 spaces behind saint louis?

Post by zowieso »

My opponent was penalized for ending on the great round space behind saint louis by losing all resources, cards and indians. Where do the rules state that this should happen?
LordChambers

Re: penalty for ending 5 spaces behind saint louis?

Post by LordChambers »

I also could not find any indicator or warning of this rule implementation. Only by searching boardgame geek did I later come across this rule, offered by the publisher in post #4 here. This website needs to offer a warning to the player when they are about to fall into the "lose the game" space, and also one in advance if they ever camp behind Saint Louis.
gagster

Post by gagster »

If you hover your mouse over the last space, a pop up states that you effectively start over if you camp there. I was kind of surprised to see that since that's not actually in the rules (at least not in my copy - maybe it's in later printings).

However, that is an official rule. It can be found in the errata on the publisher's web site at https://www.ludonaute.fr/portfolio/lewis-clark/?lang=en.

More of a clue that that will happen to you if you camp 5 spaces back would be a good thing, of course.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

what the heck is the reason for that rule errata?
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

ah right, just go back to the very start and horde resources like a nut job. It did cross my mind to try that, it makes sense.
Plus it does have this warning as a tooltip.
CapnPlague

Post by CapnPlague »

Yeah, this really feels like it needs more warning, since the only link in "how to play" leads to a rulebook that doesn't have this rule. A tooltip is fine, but if you have no reason to hover over it, you just won't know until it's already happened.

Return to “Lewis & Clark”