I can no longer support the table creation phase

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
exhex

I can no longer support the table creation phase

Post by exhex »

hi everyone
did you already try to open a "6 nimmt" table ?
it's just horrible.
it's not the first time i ask but i still did not receive any answer.

between random joiners and players that create 3 tables in the same time, you can have until 100 players that join then quit the game before the auto-start, and when you finally can start it, an auto joiner can never starts or suddently leaves the game and you have to all start again.

how is possible to open a table without being disturbed by players that didn't made the choice to play at your table ?
or just i just don't play this game anymore ?

was just perfect in general before the introducing of automatic start.

thanks and (try to) have fun if you want to open a table
Karon S

Re: I can no longer support the table creation phase

Post by Karon S »

I am having a lot of trouble creating this table too. Sometimes it loads up, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, it still tells me I'm in the game, but if I try to join the game it won't let me. Once I even became an observer at my own table! What am I doing wrong?
Kampfschwein Fjonda

Post by Kampfschwein Fjonda »

Get 100 Elo.
Play Arena.
Never see game hoppers again.
Solved.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

I wanted to make a 'good' suggestion about automatic lobby: in coops games, with hard settings, you have often people who just refuse or leave after one game (of 3min).

But I don't understand much what happen in '6+ nimmt!'. People are in automatic lobby. They join your game automatiquely without changing their settings.
But they refuse the game.
Does that happen:
1) 'mainly' with Logic setting
2) 'mainly' with Tactics setting
3) 'mainly' with Professional setting
4) 'mainly' when the game start at 3 (or 4) players
5) 'mainly' when the game start at 6+ players
6) even with basic settings
7) all the time: the settings doesn't matter
8) rarely, this post doesn't reflect the reality

Please don't answer if you only did 10 games or if you only play one of those. Even if that can happen in any settings, I want to know if there is a set of settings (like the basic game) where people would leave way less.
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Kampfschwein Fjonda wrote: 02 December 2021, 16:50 Get 100 Elo.
Play Arena.
Never see game hoppers again.
Solved.
It's very rare that any of the best players play arena in 6 nimmt. Probably the main reason is because it's an ELO killer. The second reason is that the settings are locked on normal games, and many of the stronger players prefer pro.
Romain672 wrote: 05 December 2021, 13:18 I wanted to make a 'good' suggestion about automatic lobby: in coops games, with hard settings, you have often people who just refuse or leave after one game (of 3min).

But I don't understand much what happen in '6+ nimmt!'. People are in automatic lobby. They join your game automatiquely without changing their settings.
But they refuse the game.
Does that happen:
1) 'mainly' with Logic setting
2) 'mainly' with Tactics setting
3) 'mainly' with Professional setting
4) 'mainly' when the game start at 3 (or 4) players
5) 'mainly' when the game start at 6+ players
6) even with basic settings
7) all the time: the settings doesn't matter
8) rarely, this post doesn't reflect the reality

Please don't answer if you only did 10 games or if you only play one of those. Even if that can happen in any settings, I want to know if there is a set of settings (like the basic game) where people would leave way less.
I would say it is #7.
Tables using Logic are VERY rare. Most tables are 5+ players, and I think it happens to us all. It's a bigger problem for tables wanting bigger number of players, I don't think it's an issue at 2 player tables.

I think the popularity of the number of players at a table go like this:
5 Players
6 Players
7 Players
8 Players
9 Players
10 Players
2 Players
3 Players
4 Players

It's odd that 4 players is so unpopular since it is maybe the best number of players for the game, and perhaps the highest amount of strategy.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

But then if it's really #7 I really don't understand why people are leaving table?
Should bga add a penalty when refusing to start a game? (minor one, goal is to dissuade, not to punish)
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Refusing to start isn't the issue usually. It's players popping in and out while waiting for the table to fill.

Auto-join is part of the problem. I think players find themselves at a table they don't want to play, they quit, it auto joins them again, they quit again, it auto joins them again...I'm not sure if it works this way, but that might explain why they join and quit 10 times within a minute, which happens regularly.

The other part of the problem is, it's just an impatient crowd. If you want a table of 8-10 players, or only strong and above players, it's going to take a few minutes of waiting, and a lot of players wont wait more than 30 seconds.

Return to “6 nimmt!”